- Comfort - 8/108/10
- Ease of Assembly - 8.5/108.5/10
- Portability - 9.5/109.5/10
- Weather Resistance - 8.5/108.5/10
- Design - 8.5/108.5/10
ALPS Mountaineering Lynx 1 Tent is an essential for those who love going on camping trips alone or those who prefer to be staying in their own tent than sharing one with a big group.
When looking for a tent, stability is one of the most important things that should be given emphasis. In this case, ALPS Mountaineering Lynx 1 Tent is an excellent choice because of its freestanding posture, guaranteeing the ability to withstand windy conditions
Given the fact that the tent is small and good for only one person, the addition of a vestibule is a good thing. This provides you with a space for storing your camping essentials.
Shock-Corded Aluminum Poles
The construction of the poles is also worth being given emphasis. While they are lightweight, since they are made from aluminum, they are never short when it comes to durability.
Camping can be uncomfortable because of the heat. You do not have an AC to keep you cool, especially during the hot summer months. Fortunately, the walls of this tent are partially made with mesh, allowing sufficient air to come in to have excellent ventilation.
Factory Sealed Floors
This water-proofing feature will give you the assurance that water will not penetrate inside the tent.
- Portability: It is such a hassle to go on a camping trip with heavy gear. With the ALPS Mountaineering Lynx 1 Tent, such should not be a problem. From the poles to the fabric, they are made to be lightweight. Bringing the tent to the campsite will never be a burden on your end.
- Extra Vestibule Space: For a tent that can fit only one person, you might initially think that the space for your camping stuff will be limited. With the vestibule, you got an additional space to keep your things safe and dry.
- Durable Construction: Equipped with high quality poles and made with excellent fabric, the quality of this tent is remarkable. Even season after season, it can still be usable and it will not easily deteriorate.
- Can Resist Wind: Poor quality tents can be easily knocked down if it is windy in the campsite. This tent does not have inferior quality. Even with the wind, there is one less thing to be worried about being aware of the fact that it can withstand adverse weather conditions.
- High-Quality Zipper: Opening and closing the zipper does not require too much effort. Your tent can survive for years without damaging or replacing the original zipper. ALPS has long built a reputation for zero tolerance on poor quality, and such is reflected in the materials that are used in this tent, including the zipper.
- Ease of Assembly: The ALPS Mountaineering Lynx 1 Tent comes with a two-pole design, which can be put up without requiring too much effort on your end.
- Designed for Three Seasons: The versatility of this tent also gives it an edge above others. It can be used for three different seasons, which makes it a nice investment if you go out on camping trips anytime of the year.
- Affordable Price: A feature-rich tent with excellent quality does not need to be expensive. With this model, you do not have to spend a lot to enjoy superior quality.
- Thin Floor: There are some users who complained about the thin flooring material. This can be a serious issue if you do not bring a mattress or airbed, which is often the case for those who would like to keep their gear as lightweight as possible. Because it is thin, discomfort when sleeping can be experienced.
- Rain Fly Fits Poorly: There are also issues raised with regards to how the rain fly does not fit properly.
- Hard to Enter and Exit: Because there is a built-in vestibule and because of its compact design, there are also people who complained about how difficult it is to enter and exit the tent, especially for taller campers.
ALPS Mountaineering Lynx 1 Tent is an essential for those who love going on camping trips alone or those who prefer to be staying in their own tent than sharing one with a big group. With its lightweight and compact design, it delivers unmatched portability. You can easily have it carried wherever you intend to go camping. It also offers exceptional durability, especially because it comes with aluminum poles that do not add any significant weight to the tent. The floor, however, can be thin for some people and those who are taller may experience difficulty in entering and exiting the tent.