- Battery - 8.5/108.5/10
- Ease of Use - 8.8/108.8/10
- Value - 8.5/108.5/10
- Cutting - 8.6/108.6/10
- Durability - 8.4/108.4/10
This unit is the ideal power tool for cutting rigid, strut, and almost all other threads. It even has the capacity to cut up to 2.5" EMT without any stress. If you are looking for the band saw that will help you cut aluminum, stainless, or steel with ease this is it.
It gives you a clean cut on most materials such as 3-inch angle iron, 3-inch copper and threaded rod, strut, etc. You go cut through these materials without ruining the threads on this unit. One thing you need to know is that this unit is more suitable for commercial application because of its powerful features and sturdy construction. However, those who want to make use of it in fulfilling some household project will also find it useful.
In the following sections, you will learn more about the features of this band saw benefits and disadvantages of buying it. Our intention is to divide the article into sizeable chunks so that you can scan everything at once with ease. At the end of the day, you will see our own recommendation, which we hope, will help you make an informed decision.
- This Milwaukee can be used in cutting overhead as well as for cutting in tight places. This is achieved because of the light weight of the unit.
- Bare-Tool Milwaukee 2629-20 M18 18-Volt Cordless Band Saw comes with a 3-1/4 cutting capacity, which is significantly higher than other models on the market.
- It includes tool-free adjustable material shoe and a high impact polymer for long lasting durability.
- It comes with an LED work lamp to brighten up dark job sites.
- It also comes with drop resistant pulley to withstand job site abuse and heavy usage.
- It comes with a blade ejection system for easy ejection.
- It has the capacity to cut through common materials such as steel, aluminum, pipe, etc.
- The cutting capacity makes this unit suitable for both the Electrician and technician as it can easily hack into common materials. Moreover, the Mechanical Engineer, as well as the Plumber will find it easy for cutting applications.
- When you are working with wall and ceiling installed materials, you will be able to enjoy flush cuts as it is designed with an adjustable material shoe, which can be adjusted with ease to fit the work situation on the ground.
- This power tool is durable and can stand long-term usage and abuse. When you start making use of this power tool, you will enjoy a very good performance before it will tire out. And after a period of heavy usage, however, you may have to replace it.
- It is compact in size and light in weight so that it works efficiently. It does not come with a blade, charger or a battery so that you won’t be carrying weight while you are working. Moreover, the compactness of this power tool does not a negative impact on its performance. It is powerful and has the capacity to complete larger cuts without being bogged down.
- It is backed by excellent customer service from Milwaukee. One of the important factors that attract users to this product is because of the preferential treatment they are accorded by the manufacturer. Thus, Milwaukee has the winning combo – high-quality product plus excellent customer service.
- It is suitable for those people that work on a different variety of materials such as aluminum, steel, stainless, etc, as it cuts through these materials with ease. Even without the cord, it still has the capacity to perform better than other corded tools.
- Unlike the plug-in version, this is much smaller and lighter in weight so that it is easy to manipulate and maneuver when you are making use of it. One thing you need to be aware of is that you should get the smaller blade that is made for this unit in order for you to enjoy it to its fullest capacity.
- This unit is durable and ensures long time usage. Many users especially plumbers and electricians have praised this unit for its sturdiness and durability.
- While this is a decent power tool for doing heavy work, it can break down after a lot of consistent usages. This occurs mostly with contractors who need to make use of the product every single day.
This unit is the ideal power tool for cutting rigid, strut, and almost all other threads. It even has the capacity to cut up to 2.5″ EMT without any stress. If you are looking for the band saw that will help you cut aluminum, stainless, or steel with ease this is it. The bottom line is that you don’t have to spend too much before you can get a high-performance power tool for your cutting needs.