- Design - 8.5/108.5/10
- Usability - 8/108/10
- Durability - 9/109/10
Thus, it is best to read a number of compound bow reviews to make sure that this is the right pick for your child.
The Barnet Lil’ Sioux Archery Set has the best compound bow for a novice archer. You can be assured that it will get your child up and running about the training. The visual appeal and the simplistic design of the bow will catch the attention of any child. Thus, you will not a have hard time convincing your child to carry on the legacy of archery in your family. Before you place your money and trust on this particular product, take a look at the following information to make sure that this is the right pick for your little archer.
Since the handle has an extremely soft grip, your child will not feel any sort of discomfort when holding the bow. However, it is important to note that if your child gets accustomed to this rubberized grip, it can be difficult for him or her to be comfortable with the grip of a professional compound bow. On a positive note, this bow is ambidextrous, which makes the equipment suitable for both right and left handers. Moreover, the handle is also reinforced. The lightweight quality of the equipment will make your child believe that the bow is almost a part of the arm.
Inclusion of Accessories
When buying an archery kit for your child, you need to make sure that it includes all the necessary tools and equipment. The Barnett archery set includes a durable bow, two arrows, adjustable pin sight, finger rollers and a package that can be used as a carrying case. Since all the gadgets you need is available in a single package, investing on this particular kit is a simpler solution.
As you may already know, the compound bow is the most important feature of any archery kit. When looking for compound bows for sale, most consumers opt for a longbow. If this is what you are looking for, then this Barnett bow might not be the right option for you. This equipment has a recurve design which enables it to generate more power with little effort. Therefore, this bow is able to store more energy than a regular longbow. This bow’s ability to hit the mark without putting much pressure on the archer’s arm makes it the right fit for a child. If your child is above the age of 11, this bow will fit right in.
- Visual interest – Regardless of whether you are a fan of the Green Arrow or not, you will find this bow kit to be a stunner. Although the kit is not useful in a hunting trip, do know that the green shade of the bow will be a perfect camouflage in a forest environment.
- Customer-oriented – The equipment is specifically designed for children. For instance, the bow has a 15 pound draw weight and an 18-22” draw length, which are the measurements of an average beginner. This makes the equipment the perfect archery solution for your child.
- Durability – Barnett offers the customer a 5 year warranty. You will be able to make maximum usage of the equipment during this period. Once the warranty period is over and your child is properly trained, it will be the right time for your child to move on to a more complex compound bow set.
- Inability to shoot long distance – The shooting range of the bow is 25 yards. Thus, anything above this range will be out of your aim. Since the bow lacks the power for long-range shooting, your child will not be able to practice long distance shots at a young age.
- Too much comfort – Although the bow has a soft and reinforced grip, some parents and professionals think that the grip is too soft. If the user gets accustomed to the grip, it can be difficult for him or her to handle and hold bigger bows.
A little more than 50% of the consumers have given the product a 5 star rating on popular ecommerce sites. The green design and the recurve bow are some of the most frequently mentioned features of the set. Some users have also stated their disappointment with the low shooting range and the poor quality of the arrows.
The ambidextrous handle, the soft grip and the green exterior makes this equipment a suitable choice for a beginner. Even though the product is specifically designed for children, do know that the suitability of the equipment can vary according to your child’s size and shooting ability. Remember that this product is not a toy. It can be dangerous if misused and mishandled. Thus, it is best to read a number of compound bow reviews to make sure that this is the right pick for your child.