- Affordability - 9/109/10
- Power - 8/108/10
- Comfort - 9/109/10
- Blade - 9/109/10
- Durability - 8/108/10
This battery-powered hedge trimmer comes with a portable and lightweight design. It operates without making a loud noise. It also has a powerful motor and exceptional blade, making it useful for various trimming applications.
20-volt MAX Lithium Ion Battery
If you are on the lookout for a hedge trimmer that can prove to be excellent when it comes to portability, this should be on the top of your list. It comes with a powerful battery, which is known for having better charge retention compared to those that are powered by Ni-Cad batteries. However, while the lifespan is impressive, there are many who are unhappy with regards to its long charging time, which will take approximately four hours.
22-Inch Dual Action Blade
The blades of this model are also impressive, making it exceptional in terms of the trimming performance that it can deliver. It has a length of 22 inches, making it useful for various applications. It can cut even thicker braches without having to exert too much effort. The best thing is that it is able to do so while lessening the vibration that is produced, making it impressive in terms of the comfort it can provide to users.
If there is one thing that we loved about this model, it would be the fact that it is cordless. This means that you can easily bring it wherever work needs to be done. This is exceptional when talking about portability. However, because it is powered by battery, the performance is not as powerful as those that are powered by gas or its corded counterparts.
- Portable: As it has been earlier mentioned, it comes with a cordless design, which makes it portable. This would be useful for professional landscapers who often have to work outside of home. Even without a plug as a power source, you will be able to use it.
- Ergonomic Design: It is also a good thing that this hedge trimmer is designed with the needs of users in mind. Aside from being cordless, it also comes with a comfortable grip. This means that handling the unit will be a snap on your end, even if there is a need for you to work for an extended period.
- Powerful Blades: The power of the hedge trimmer can be influenced by a number of factors such as the engine, and of course, the blade. This model comes with an impressive blade, which can effortlessly tackle even thick branches.
- Lightweight: This is one thing that will contribute to the comfort when using this model. Even when you are holding it for an extended period, there will be no problem and it will not lead into discomfort.
- Operates Quietly: It is also a good thing that it is not going to produce an annoying noise as it operates. This is basically because it is battery-powered. Those that are corded or powered by gas can be louder.
- Long Charging Time: It is a good thing that it comes with a battery, which is excellent in terms of portability. However, the battery has also a serious issue. It will take approximately 4 hours to have the battery charged after being drained. This is quite longer compared to what you can find from other battery-powered trimmers on the market.
- Plastic Blade Shield: There are many people who loved that it comes with a blade shield to offer protection from wear and tear. However, the shield is made from flimsy plastic, which might not withstand the test of time. Users might also find it a bit hard to remove the shield.
Indeed, Black & Decker LHT2220 Hedge Trimmer will prove to be an excellent choice. It is made by a brand that is established in the industry. It comes with powerful blade and motor. It is cordless, which makes it excellent when it comes to portability. Users will surely be happy with its ergonomic and lightweight design, making it user-friendly. It is also not going to make a loud noise when it is operated, which adds up to the comfort that it can provide. The battery, however, takes a while before it can be fully charged. There are also some who did not like the flimsy blade cover, which is made from plastic.