- Affordability - 9.3/109.3/10
- Performance - 8.5/108.5/10
- Ease of Use - 10/1010/10
- Comfort - 10/1010/10
- Design - 8.5/108.5/10
This battery-powered tiller is made by a reputable brand. It has a 20-volt battery, which can be fully-charged within 8 hours. When it is fully charged, the battery is good for tilling an area that is up to 350 square feet.
Over-hard soil may not be good for gardening. With this, there is a need for you to loosen it. Will you do this through manual plowing? Yes, you can! But, will you make it hard for yourself? If you want to do this easily, you should have the best garden tiller. This will make tilling quick and will require minimal effort on your end. However, not all products can deliver optimal performance. You need to exert effort to find the right tiller.
Amongst the choices available in the market, one you might want to consider is Black+Decker LGC120 Garden Cultivator/Tiller. It is made by a trusted brand, but, is this enough? Keep on reading the rest of this post and learn more about this model. We will identify is notable features, as well as its benefits and drawbacks. We hope that this will help you to come up with the right choice.
20-Volt Max Lithium Ion Battery
This is a battery-powered tiller. With this, you can expect that it will be hard to match in terms of portability. You can work almost anywhere, even when there is no supply of electricity. Compared to NiCad batteries, lithium ion is asserted to be better because it can retain charge for a longer time. With its battery, you can easily till an area that is as large as 350 square feet.
When differentiating the options that are available in the market, you have to look at the design and mechanism of the tines, which will have an impact on the performance of the tiller. We love how it has counter-oscillation, which will prevent the weeds from tangling. It is also long enough, allowing it to till deep.
This will allow you to customize the height of the unit depending on your personal preferences. The telescoping tube is also an excellent addition in the product. Whether you want the handle to be long or short, you can do so with easy adjustments.
- Lightweight: The lightweight design is one of the best things about this tiller. Handling the unit will be easy and more importantly, comfortable. Even when tilling for an extended period, it will not result to discomfort. This is unlike the heavier ones that can make you fatigued.
- Charges Quickly: It is also a good thing that it comes with an Energy Star charger. With a fully-drained battery, you can charge it within just eight hours. Other chargers may take quite longer.
- Affordable Price: If you are looking for a garden tiller that comes with an affordable price, this should be on the top of your list. This is one of the most economical choices within the product category. Even if it is cheap, you can have peace of mind since quality is not compromised in any way.
- Made by a Trusted Brand: If you have hesitations in buying this product, this might change after knowing that it is made by Black & Decker. The latter is one of the most trusted companies in the market for gardening equipment.
- Ergonomic Design: This product is given favorable feedbacks in terms of comfort not only because it is lightweight, but also because it is ergonomic. The handle has a smart design that makes it easy to hold the unit. The grip can also effectively absorb vibration. To add, it is quite large, which will give your hand the room to move.
- Only for Small Jobs: Given the size and weight of this product, it should be noted that it is made only for small-scale tilling applications. If you are a professional looking for a high-powered tiller, skip this and look for another product.
- Limited to its Battery Life: This is one of the most common problems amongst battery-powered tillers. This means that its functionality will be limited by the charge of the battery. It will be a good idea to spend for a spare battery so that there is a reserved power supply.
Black+Decker LGC120 Garden Cultivator/Tiller is made by one of the most reputable brands in the market, yet it comes with an affordable price. This can prove to be the perfect choice for budget-conscious buyers. It is also lightweight and ergonomic, which can provide an assurance of your comfort. It is not the most powerful in terms of the specifications of its motor, but for most small-scale tilling applications, this will be more than sufficient. It is battery-powered, which means that you can use it almost anywhere.