- Affordability - 7/107/10
- Power - 9/109/10
- Speed - 8/108/10
- Ease of Use - 8/108/10
- Accuracy - 9/109/10
This miter saw is equipped with a 15-amp motor and can deliver speed of up to 3,800 RPM. It is more compact compared to traditional models and it also operates without making a loud noise.
Power and performance, design and functionality – these are just some of the most important things that should be taken into consideration in your search for the best miter saw. Every company with their own product will most likely claim that they are the best. Do not easily fall for their traps. Even if they offer cheap price, be responsible enough to evaluate the options that you have.
Among others, one product that is worth being taken into account is Bosch GCM12SD Miter Saw. It is made by an established brand, but will such be enough to have it chosen above all others? What features give it an edge above the competition? What are its pros and cons? Keep on reading and you will learn more about this product.
Axial-Glide Gliding System
This is perhaps one of the most impressive features that you can find in this saw. This is a patented technology and is one of the reasons why it is better than many others within the competitive landscape. This will be the one responsible for making sure of the ability to make smooth cuts while also providing the user with complete control over the unit. In addition, this eliminates the need to have a traditional rail setup, allowing it to consume less space in the work area.
In choosing which miter saw to pick, one of the first things that should be looked at would be the motor, basically because it will be indicative of the performance of the unit. In the case of the Bosch GCM12SD Miter Saw, you will love its powerful motor, although the maximum no load speed is only 3,800 RPM. Still, you can be sure that it will be able to deliver quick and accurate cutting, regardless of the material.
Quick-Release Square Lock Fences
Easy and precise alignment – these are two of the things that will be possible because of the integration of this feature in the miter saw. It is aligned at 90-degre angle on the table and no adjustments will be needed. It will be instantly ready for use. There is also a one-touch feature, which will make it effortless for you to have the fence positioned as needed for the specific task that will be completed.
- Compact Size: As it has been mentioned earlier, one of the best things about this miter saw is how it will consume minimal space. Even if the work area is small, this can prove to be a perfect choice. This will also make an ideal option for professionals who often have to work in different places.
- Excellent Alignment of Blade: Another benefit that is worth noting would be the presence of blades that are properly aligned. There is no need for you to make adjustments on your own. This also ensures maximum accuracy in every cut that is made.
- Operates Quietly: A lot of users complain about the miter saws that they are using because they produce loud and annoying sound. One of the best things about Bosch GCM12SD Miter Saw is how it remains quiet, even when tackling tough tasks or thick materials.
- Easy to Use: The saw may look complicated at first but in reality, you can use it in a snap. One of the reasons for this is because the manufacturer has provided a comprehensive manual, providing you with detailed instructions on how to operate it. The overall design, including placement of the controls, also makes it a breeze to operate.
- Expensive Price: Are you looking for a budget-friendly saw? Keep on searching! The price of this saw might come us a shock for many, especially for those who are looking for entry-level models. Nonetheless, there is a reason why it is expensive. It is filled with high-end features that will be appreciated by professional users.
- No Laser Guide: Generally speaking, this model can be asserted as being feature-rich. Nonetheless, the laser guide is one vital feature that is lacking. Having such would have been helpful in terms of being able to improve its accuracy.
Even after weighing the pros and the cons, it is apparent that Bosch GCM12SD Miter Saw can indeed be an excellent choice. It comes with a powerful motor that allows it to work in a wide array of materials, even if they are thick. It is designed with the needs of users, making it effortless to operate, even for beginners. It has a compact size and it is made from premium materials guaranteeing its ability to withstand long-term use. It also operates quietly.