- Affordability - 8/108/10
- Weight - 8/108/10
- Power - 9/109/10
- Force - 9/109/10
- Tank - 7/107/10
With an affordable price, portable body, ergonomic construction, powerful motor, and maintenance-free pump, this will surely be an excellent choice for a top-notch air compressor.
1.5 HP Motor
The power that can be demonstrated by this model is one of the best reasons to choose it above others within the competition. Its motor is 1.5 HP, allowing it to tackle even demanding applications. Even with such a powerful motor, it has a draw of only 12 amps, allowing it to start easily, which will be the case even if it is going to be used in a cold environment.
The design of the pump has its strong and weak points. The best thing about an oil-free pump is perhaps the fact that minimal maintenance will be required. There is no need for periodic adding of oil while being assured of optimal functionality. However, this can also be a drawback. One of the cons of this is that it can make the unit produce a loud noise when operated.
Built-in Cord Wrap
This is a little additional feature that can make a lot of difference in terms of convenience. You can easily roll the cord in place, which will make transportation a breeze. This is going to be an excellent feature for those who intend to have the air compressor frequently moved from one location to another.
This is another feature that can prove to be excellent when it comes to convenience. You can easily organize all of the things that you need. You can also access what you need in a snap as they are readily available. Hose, tools, and other accessories will be immediately available as they are kept on the on-board storage.
- Easy Start-up: The reason for this is primarily because it comes with a motor that has a draw of only 12 amps. This is going to make starting a snap, even if it is going to be operated in a cold environment.
- Rubber Feet: This is one of the design components that have been given words of praises by many people. This means that marring can be prevented. This will avoid making marks on floors, countertops, or in any surface where the air compressor will be placed.
- Portable: Wherever work needs to be done, this is going to be excellent in terms of portability. It is built to be moved around without requiring too much effort on your end. Even the handle comes with an ergonomic design to prioritize the comfort of its users.
- Reasonable Price: If you are looking for an air compressor that comes with a reasonable price, this is going to be an excellent choice. It is competitively priced, yet you can be assured that the quality and functionality will never be compromised.
- On-Board Storage: This is another thing that can provide the highest level of convenience for the user. This means that you will have easy access to the tools and accessories that you need. This will also be good in terms of being organized.
- Small Tank: This is one of the biggest drawbacks of this model. It comes with a 1.2-gallon tank, which is small especially when compared to other options within the marketplace. This could be a problem if you are going to complete tasks that will require longer time.
- Loud Noise: It is annoying to be working in a place where there is loud noise. This is one of the drawbacks shared by people who have used Bostitch CAP1512-OF Trim Compressor. They noted that the noise is loud and can distract one from the work being done.
Still searching for the best portable air compressor on the market? There is no need for you to look any further. Bostitch CAP1512-OF Trim Compressor will surely be an excellent choice. This is perfect for those who are looking for budget-friendly models that are abundant with features that are comparable to the higher end models. With its 1.5 HP motor, 2HP in its peak power, it will be capable of handling even demanding applications. It also comes with an oiled pump, which is excellent because of the minimal maintenance required, but many did not like it because such can lead into noise.