- Comfort - 9/109/10
- Ease of Assembly - 9.5/109.5/10
- Portability - 9/109/10
- Weather Resistance - 9/109/10
- Design - 9.5/109.5/10
The Coleman Evanston Screened Tent is one option within the product category that deserves your attention. It is made by Coleman, which gives you one good reason to have it considered above others. The innovative WeatherTec System is one of its greatest features.
This is an innovative and exclusive technology that has been developed by Coleman to provide you with the guarantee of staying dry, even if it is raining outside. This tent has been tested in the company’s state-of-the-art laboratory to ensure its ability to withstand weather conditions. It has leak-free seams and waterproof floors, as well as durable frames.
The tent has a built-in electrical access port, making it easy to be connected to an outside power source.
Insta-Clip Pole Attachments
This is another innovative feature that helps in increasing the capability of the tent to stand rigid in spite of the wind.
Continuous Pole Sleeves
With such pole design, you can be confident that pitching the tent will never be a difficult task.
5 feet, 8 inches Center Height
The roomy interior of this tent is also worth noting even for taller campers, there will surely be enough height to move around with ease.
Variflo Adjustable Ventilation
This 2-season tent also features a customizable ventilation system, putting you in control with regards to the amount of air that enters the tent. This feature also provides you with a well-ventilated tent, which is essential in making sure of your comfort.
- Ease of Setup: Like in the case of most of the tents from Coleman, this model is relatively easy to pitch. Even if it is quite large as it can fit six people, pitching the tent is a task that can be accomplished even by novice campers. The Insta-clip attachments, as well as the pin and ring design are just some of the features that will make its assembly a breeze. It also has color-coded poles and continuous pole sleeves.
- Screened Front Porch: While the floor area is already big to accommodate up to six people, the addition of a front porch that is covered with screen makes it better. This can also provide you with additional storage space for your camping stuff, especially if it is not raining. The porch area is also a good place to just enjoy during the day.
- Lightweight Design: For a tent that can fit up to six people, it is lightweight. This makes it portable and perfect for those who hate bringing heavy camping gears. This is also an ideal choice for backpackers because of its weight.
- Long Lasting: As it is made by Coleman and with the use of the best materials that are available, you can expect this tent to be usable for many years. This makes it an excellent investment for those who love the outdoors and camping.
- Excellent Ventilation: You never have to worry about ventilation when sleeping or just lounging inside the tent. It is designed with four large windows that will help to give you air. The adjustable ventilation system is also a nice addition to its long list of attractive features.
- Poor Quality Front Porch: While the Coleman Evanston Screened Tent comes with a front porch, there are some users who complained that its quality is quite inferior. When there is heavy rain, the weight of water can bring the porch down, and hence, making it an issue that can have an impact on the tent’s structural integrity.
- Full Screen Back Area: This is one design element of the tent that many campers did not like. While it can encourage sufficient ventilation inside the tent, it can pose privacy issues. The solution is to have it covered from inside the tent, although you have to think of how this can be done on your own.
The Coleman Evanston Screened Tent is one option within the product category that deserves your attention. It is made by Coleman, which gives you one good reason to have it considered above others. The innovative WeatherTec System is one of its greatest features. More so, it is also commendable as it has a spacious interior that can fit up to 6 people. Inside the tent, you can also place up to two queen mattresses or airbeds. The addition of a front porch with screen is also a plus. Lastly, it is easy to setup, making it the perfect choice even for this who have not pitched a tent before.