- Design - 10/1010/10
- Ease of Use - 9.8/109.8/10
- Safety - 9.6/109.6/10
- Durability - 9.2/109.2/10
- Warranty and Support - 10/1010/10
The Conair Cuisinart Brew Central DCC-1200 may have its shortcomings but it is still chosen as one of the top coffee makers in the market that can be used for your kitchen countertop. The features are worth the value of your money, after all
Coffee Water Filter
The said coffee maker is included with a quality charcoal water filter. Remember that the coffee you will be brewing will be made up of 98% water. Thus, filtering the water to remove any chlorine, calcium, bad taste, bad odor, and other impurities is a must. Out of the many coffee water filter system available nowadays, this can remove all of the impurities. The removal of the impurities in the water will result to a great tasting coffee brewed just for you. It is recommended for the water filter to be changed once every 60 uses.
The water reservoir holds the water for brewing in the coffee maker. If you are filling the coffee maker with water, then you have to look at the height markings found at the side of the carafe. You will have to fill the reservoir according to how many cups you want. Pour a small volume of water in excess in consideration for water loss. Water loss happens when the ground coffee is wet as well as in the steam throughout the brew process.
The reservoir cover should not give you any trouble. After all, it is designed to be flipped back easily for no-hassle filling. You should be able to pour water into the water reservoir without spilling.
The programmable controls of the Conair Cuisinart Brew Central DCC-1200 allows convenience. You should have an easier time initiating the programming of the automatic functions for the said coffee maker due to its flip switch and function knob. It also has an automatic on feature which is used for programming your brew cycle’s start time. You can set the automatic on feature according to your time of convenience. It can be during the day or during the night. The LCD display should give you an idea on when the brew cycle’s programmed time should start.
You do not have to worry about the end of the brew cycle because it also has an automatic off feature. The coffee maker will be automatically shut off at your preset time. It can be any time from 0 up to four hours.
Heater Plate Control Knob
You have the ability to control the temperature of the coffee right after you finished brewing it. That means you can get a cup of steaming hot coffee anytime you want after the brew cycle completes. The heater plate control knob is what gives you that level of control. To set the temperature settings, you have three options to choose: low, medium, and high.
- Good for Large Groups: Brewing coffee with the Conair Cuisinart Brew Central DCC-1200 is ideal when you have a large group of people to serve. With this coffee maker, you can serve up to 12 cups of rich-tasting coffee all at once.
- Convenient 1-4 Cups Setting Button: This is a button you will have to press when making small volumes of coffee. Compared to normal coffeemakers where brewing smaller amounts of water means that the coffee will be colder as the heater will lack enough time for properly warming up to heat the small volume, the 1-4 cups setting allows the coffee maker to double heat the water. The small amount of coffee will be served piping hot the same as how it would be when you are brewing a full coffee pot.
- Strictly Glass Carafe Only: The Conair Cuisinart Brew Central DCC-1200 is basically packaged with a glass carafe. You will not be able to substitute any type of thermal carafe for the glass carafe.
- Carafe Doesn’t Stay in Place: The carafe lid doesn’t have a clasp that keeps it sealed so there are cases when it does not stay on.
The Conair Cuisinart Brew Central DCC-1200 may have its shortcomings but it is still chosen as one of the top coffee makers in the market that can be used for your kitchen countertop. The features are worth the value of your money, after all. Once you get this coffee maker, you can get yourself a good cup of brewed coffee right after you wake up in the morning. You are off to a great start!