- Affordability - 9.2/109.2/10
- Capacity - 7.8/107.8/10
- Ease of Use - 9/109/10
- Versatility - 7.8/107.8/10
- Cooking Pot - 8/108/10
This is a slow cooker that is ideal if you are searching for one that comes with an affordable price. It has a capacity of two quarts and has two heat settings.
As you look for the best slow cooker available in the market, you will instantly be overwhelmed. A quick online search will reveal a long list of results, which can lead to confusion. Some people may end up deciding in haste, choosing a product with cheap price. This is one thing that you should not do. Rather, you should exert effort to go through the possibilities to narrow down the options and pick a product that won’t bring regrets.
In several best slow cooker reviews, Crock-Pot SCR200-B is one product that has been well-received. Will this make an excellent choice? What are the features that can compel you to have it chosen? What are the benefits and drawbacks? Keep on reading and we’ll take a look at what you can expect from this slow cooker.
This is the perfect choice for those who are looking for a personal-sized slow cooker. With a capacity of two quarts, this is ideal if you only cook for your own. Because of its capacity, it is also a good thing that it is space-efficient. Whether you leave it in the cabinet or in the counter, it won’t require too much space.
The stoneware can be removed from the actual cooker, which will make it double as a serving tray. However, since it is a stoneware, it is important to observe caution in its use as it can be easily prone to breakage when it is not handled properly.
2 Heat Settings
Simplicity is one of the reasons why you might love this product. It is pretty much straightforward to use. It only has two heat settings – Low and High. You simply have to turn the knob to choose the heat setting that is desired. Choose High if you are in a hurry to cook your meal. Choose Low, on the other hand, if you have the patience to wait for a savory slow-cooked meal. It should be noted, however, that there is no Warm function.
- Affordable Price: This product is hard to beat when it comes to price. This is one of the cheapest options that you can find, which is pretty much understandable given its capacity. If you are budget-friendly and looking for an entry-level model, this is what you should pick.
- Simple to Operate: If you have not used a slow cooker in the past, there is no need to be worried. Using this equipment is straightforward. Even without being a pro in the kitchen, you will be able to easily figure out how to use it. Plus, the manufacturer provides detailed instructions.
- Compact Size: There are some people who might not like the small size of the product. For some, however, this is seen as a benefit, especially for those who live alone as this is perfect for slow cooking. Its sleek profile also means that it will be space efficient, making it ideal even for smaller apartments.
- Portable: Another good thing about this product is that it is lightweight. This makes it a good choice if you are looking for portability. You can bring it in different places, depending on where you intend to prepare your slow-cooked recipe. It has small handles on the sides, which will make it easy to have it carried or lifted as well.
- Minimal Capacity: One thing that you might not love about this product is its small capacity. The pot can only hold two quarts, which is pretty much just for personal use. If you live in a large household or if you love preparing slow-cooked meals for your guests at home parties, this is not the right choice for you.
- Can Create a Chemical Taste: Another common complaint about this product is how the food can have a chemical or plastic aftertaste once it is cooked in the slow cooker. For some people, however, they noted that it was eliminated naturally after several uses, but still, this can pose a serious problem.
Price is perhaps the best thing about Crock-Pot SCR200-B Manual Slow Cooker. In many best slow cooker reviews, it has been praised because it comes with a cheap price. Nonetheless, because of the latter, you have to expect that its features will be basic as well. It only has two heat settings and there is no elaborate control panel. It has a capacity of two quarts, which will be more than enough for personal use. It comes with a removable stoneware, which is also dishwasher-safe.