- Affordability - 8.6/108.6/10
- Capacity - 8.9/108.9/10
- Ease of Use - 8.9/108.9/10
- Versatility - 9/109/10
- Cooking Pot - 9/109/10
This slow cooker comes with an aluminum non-stick pot, which has a capacity of 6 quarts. It can be used not only for slow cooking, but also for browning, sautéing, and steaming. It has digital controls and backlit LCD display.
Having a busy lifestyle may mean that you no longer have the time to cook. Luckily, with today’s technologies, you can invest in equipment that will make your life a lot easier. Among others, one that you should have is a slow cooker. As the name implies, this is going to allow you to prepare foods slowly, such as stews and soups. This will result into fuller flavor as you cook with consistent temperature.
As you search for the best slow cooker in the market, Cuisinart MSC-600 is one option that you might want to take into consideration. If you are unsure on whether to choose it or look for other models, keep on reading. We’ll share with you some features that make it an excellent choice, as well as a few of their pros and cons.
Programmable Control Panel
One feature that is worth noting about this model is its control panel. There are several buttons with dedicated functions, allowing the unit to deliver multiple applications. For instance, there are buttons for Slow Cook, Brown/Sauté, and Steam. There are also buttons that will allow you to adjust the timer, either in minutes or hours. You can also set the temperature up to a maximum of 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
6-Quart Cooking Pot
The capacity of the cooking pot is six quarts, which is good for up to seven people. Its size is also large enough to handle even larger meats. To add, the pot is made from aluminum, a material that is known for being long-lasting and lightweight. It should also be noted that the pot is non-stick.
Automatic Warm Setting
This is one feature that makes this a convenient slow cooker. You do not need to be beside it all the time. Set the timer and the temperature control. Once this is done, you can go on with your daily routine. When the slow cooking is done, it will automatically switch off to is warm function to make sure that the food will be heated once it is served.
- Durable Housing: One of the best things about this product is that it comes with stainless steel housing. This is durable, which will allow it to remain highly-functional even after a couple of years, unlike others that will call for a replacement quickly.
- Large LCD Display: This is one of the reasons why this is a slow cooker that is excellent when it comes to being user-friendly. You can easily see the display, which shows time and temperature. This allows you to monitor progress of slow cooking.
- Cool-Touch Handle: It is also a good thing that it is designed with oversized handle that remains cool to the touch. Even if you have been cooking for a long time already, you can touch the handle without having to worry that your hand will be burnt.
- Glass Lid: Another good thing about this slow cooker is having a transparent lid with a handle on the top. The glass cover makes it easy to monitor progress of cooking without the need to lift the cover every now and then.
- Easy to Clean: You might also love the fact that cleaning the unit will be a breeze, unlike in the case of other models wherein maintenance will require a lot of effort on your end. The removable parts are dishwasher-safe.
- Multi-Purpose: This is also a good choice when it comes to versatility. While it is primarily used by many as a slow cooker, it can be used beyond such. It can also be used for searing, sautéing, and steaming, among others.
- Consumes a Lot of Power: For many people, one of their frequent complaints about this product is how it uses 1,500 watts. This means that if you will be using it every day, it consumes too much power.
- No Locking Lid: This is another drawback in this model. You cannot lock the lid in its place, which is why moisture can possibly escape from the inside. This can lead into make the handles wet since water will get out.
In sum, if you are clueless about the best slow cooker to purchase, Cuisinart MSC-600 will make a good choice. It offers the best bang for the buck, considering the fact that it can be used for other cooking functions as well. From operating the unit to having it cleaned, it has been given positive feedbacks in the best slow cooker reviews. With the use of this product, you will surely love cooking and you will be able to prepare delicious dishes without having to do much.