- Affordability - 8/108/10
- Power - 8/108/10
- Speed - 7/107/10
- Weight - 9/109/10
- Drilling Capacity - 9/109/10
The best thing about this drill press is perhaps its 16 different speeds. Changing the speed will be easy because of its auto belt tensioning system. It also has a robust motor, integrated illumination, and a large worktable.
One of the options that stands out from its competitors is Delta 18-900L Drill Press. In the rest of this post, we will discuss some of the most notable features that will give this model an advantage above all others. We will also discuss some of its pros and cons.
16 Drilling Speeds
If you are looking for an option that can deliver the best in terms of versatility, this will be a clear winner. One of the reasons for such is because it provides users with the opportunity to change its speed in 16 different settings, depending on the drilling task that needs to be done. This is one of the highest number of speed settings within the product category.
Auto Tensioning Belt Drive System
This is one feature that is basically responsible for improving efficiency in its performance. This is going to help you save a lot of time, making sure that most of the tasks can be accomplished in a manner that is speedy. This will make it effortless to change from one speed setting to another while increasing the efficiency of tensioning and keeping the motor aligned.
¾ HP Induction Motor
Power, without a doubt, is another factor that is essential to be given emphasis by anyone who is on the lookout for the best drill press. With the motor that is incorporated in this model, it is sure to deliver the power that is required from it, which will be more than enough for most drilling tasks, even those that are demanding.
6-inch Quill Stroke
This is another feature that is basically responsible for optimizing the capacity of the machine and allows it to make deeper drills without difficulty. This means that it will be able to demonstrate superior performance even if it will be used for industrial applications. With this, there is no wonder why it is highly-rated even for professional use.
- Powerful: This is perhaps the best thig about this drill press. The power that it can deliver is superb even for professional applications. Regardless of how thick the material is, it will surely be effortless for the unit to have it drilled.
- Cast Iron Table: The table of the drill press is also worth highlighting, which is known for its durability. The use of such a premium material is commendable, which also means that it will be able to easily handle even larger and heavier materials
- Easy Belt Change: To be able to change the speed, you have to adjust the belt. It might sound difficult, but in reality, this is not going to be hard. This is basically because of the auto belt tensioning, making it effortless to shift from one speed to another.
- Versatile: It is also worth noting that it is versatile as it can be used in different materials, while being guaranteed of the same superior performance. In addition, there are also 16 speeds that are available, providing you with complete control over the unit.
- Expensive Price: Let’s admit it. Not many people have a lot to spare for a new drill press. With such, if you are looking for a cheap product, this is definitely not for you. It is on the higher end of the market. It has top-notch features, but the problem is that the price is high.
- Laser can be Dim: While it is indeed a good thing that it comes with a laser, which is the one that makes it able to drill accurately, many have noted that its major problem is that when the LED light is on, the work area becomes too bright, and hence, the laser is hard to see.
This may not be the cheapest option, but Delta 18-900L Drill Press is excellent in many ways. Its power for instance, is commendable, making it perfect even for industrial applications. It also comes with 16 different speeds, allowing you to choose which one is perfect for a specific task. Shifting from one speed to another will surely be easy because of the auto belt tensioning system. It is also versatile as it can drill different materials, even those that are thick.