- Affordability - 9/109/10
- Weight - 9/109/10
- Power - 7/107/10
- Force - 8/108/10
- Tank - 7/107/10
Affordable, portable, maintenance-free, and quiet – these are just some of the reasons why this will make an excellent choice for the best portable air compressor.
Motor Perfect for Small Tasks
This portable air compressor will be the perfect choice for any handyman who is used into doing small-scale tasks at home. For profession or commercial applications, on the other hand, this is not recommended because the motor can only handle minimal work. It comes with .75 SCFM, which can be delivered at 90 PSI pump. It has a maximum of 135 PSI, allowing it to fire more while the recovery time is kept short. It is also worth noting that it comes with a 2.6 amp motor. The latter allows it to start without difficulty even if it is used in the cold.
Made with Convenience in Mind
This is also impressive as it is designed with the emphasis on the convenience of the users. For instance, it comes with a cord wrap, which will make it easy to store when not being used. It is also compact, allowing it to be space-efficient. More so, it is lightweight, which makes it ideal for those who are looking for an air compressor that they can easily move from one place to another.
To be able to keep the superior functionality and quality of a portable air compressor, there is a need to exert effort in having it well-maintained. Thankfully, in the case of this model, you do not need to exert too much effort in its maintenance. It comes with an oil-free pump, which means that there is no need to change oil regularly.
- Portable: Given the lightweight construction of this model, you will enjoy its portability. This is perfect for DIY enthusiasts who often have to do different tasks in different places. It also comes with an ergonomically designed handle, allowing you to carry it easily wherever work needs to be done.
- Low Noise: At only 71 decibels, you can expect this model to operate without creating a lot of noise. This is impressive, especially because in most instances, if the air compressor is oil-free, it is most likely going to produce loud noise.
- Low Amp Motor: Its motor comes only with 2.6 amps. The latter offers the benefit of being effortless to start, even when you are working in low temperatures. This will also prevent breaking of fuse and can be used even with an extension cord.
- Durable Pump: The oil-free pump is another feature that is worth highlighting. Not only does it require minimal maintenance, but it is also long-lasting. You can expect the pump to withstand many years of use, making it a great investment.
- Affordable: This is perhaps the top reason why this is a preferred choice in the product category. It comes with a practical price, yet it does not run out of features that will make it impressive, similar to the more expensive models.
- Not Built for Tough Tasks: If you are looking or one that can be perfect for professional applications, this may not necessarily be a good choice. It is built only for small-scale tasks, especially those that you can do at the comfort of your own home.
- Cannot be Used for a Long Time: Because of the small motor of the unit, it is not meant to be used for a long time. If it is used longer than what it can realistically handle, it can overheat and there are also some who reported that it can lead into blowing of fuse.
With Dewalt D55140 Air Compressor, you get to enjoy a low-cost product that does not compromise performance in anyway. While it is built specifically for small jobs, it is not going to disappoint. It comes with a maximum of 135 PSI, 2.6 low amp motor, and 24 pounds of weight. This is going to be excellent when it comes to portability because of its compact and lightweight body. It is also maintenance-free because of its oil-free pump. Nonetheless, make sure to restrict use to small tasks that do not require too much time to compete.