- Maintenance - 9/109/10
- Design - 8.7/108.7/10
- Accuracy - 8.5/108.5/10
- Overall - 8.7/108.7/10
It is considered one of the best air rifle due to its combined features that make it an overall winner in its category.
The Gamo Hornet is a spring pistol break barrel, 0.177 caliber air rifle. The break barrel works on a single cocking system. The air gun is a single-shot machine. It weighs 6.1 lbs. with an overall length of 43.3 inches. The length of barrel stands at 18 inches. The barrel is of a fluted polymer jacketed steel design. The trigger is a second stage adjustable trigger. It has a pull of 3.74 lbs. and a cocking effort of 30 lbs.
The Gamo Hornet air gun comes equipped with a 4×32 scope along with rings. The stock is detailed with synthetics that aid it in withstanding different weather conditions. There is also checkering on the grip and the forearm of the air gun. This creates a non-slip consistency when grasping the air rifle. This air rifle has a grooved receiver. There are two, twin cheek pads for the cheekpiece. The buttplate is made from ventilated rubber for maximum recoil absorption. The Gamo Hornet has two distinct safety features present. This includes the manual trigger safety as well as the automatic cocking safety system in place.
The muzzle velocity of the Gamo Hornet is dependent upon the type of ammunition that is utilized. For Raptor performance ballistic alloy pellets, the velocity produced is 1200 feet per second. The lead ammunition produces up to 1000 feet per second. The most prominent aspect of this air rifle is its robustness, with many of its features created with safety, ease, and resilience in mind.
- Value: the Gamo Hornet offers great value for money considering its attributes. This is not the only reason why it is a great buy. The Hornet is also a much better bargain when compared with other air rifles of the same caliber.
- Precision: the accuracy of this air rifle is another reason why it is a great choice. It is accurate for up to 50 feet within your line of sight. This is all while offering a muzzle velocity of up to 1200 feet per second. The slower the shot you take, the more precisely you will hit your target.
- Framework: one of the greatest aspects of this air rifle are the different features that make it an effective and simple machine to use. First, the buttplate has been created for optimal recoil absorption. The twin cheek pads make the air gun easy to use for people who are right handed or left handed. The design on the grip and forearm make sure that you get a firm grip on the gun. The stock has been built to endure through all weather.
- Ease: the Gamo Hornet is quite easy to use, even among beginners to the shooting experience. The loading mechanism is quite simple and does not require many steps. You also do not need a great deal of skill to have your shots concentrated around a particular target.
- Scope: the scope is limited in its capabilities. It has minimal function for distances over forty yards. This makes it unsuitable for long range shooting.
- Loading: there is a little bit of strength and power required when loading and cocking the gun. This can make it difficult for smaller or less powerful individuals to manage the air rifle.
- Trigger: the two stage trigger is not comfortable for everyone. It can sometimes feel as though a lag is created when pressing the trigger. It is a sensation that some might need to get accustomed to.
- Pellets: the performance ballistic alloy pellets can get quite expensive to replenish. The PBA pellets are the ones that allow for the greatest muzzle velocity.
The Gamo Hornet air rifle has a near perfect rating by all those who have used it. This is largely due to the accuracy that they have experienced when shooting with this air gun. With just a little bit of practice, most shooters were extremely satisfied with the minimal amount of spacing between each of their shots. They also enjoy the lightweight features of the gun that make it easy to carry around.
The decision that is reached at the end of this review is that it is difficult to beat the Gamo Hornet air rifle in its weight class. It is considered one of the best air rifle due to its combined features that make it an overall winner in its category. The air rifle has been designed to accommodate different consumers of varying abilities. It is easy to carry around due to its light weight. It also provides shooters with incredible accuracy, even at a longer range. The non-slip features as well as the durable fittings make it a gun that can be used with ease and over a long period of time.