- Affordability - 9/109/10
- Display - 7/107/10
- Power - 7/107/10
- Features - 8/108/10
- Ease of Use - 8/108/10
Affordable and basic – these are two of the things that you can expect from this fish finder from Garmin. It is going to be an unrivalled choice for beginners who are looking for simplicity.
3.5-inch Color Display
The display of this fish finder is smaller than the conventional models that you can find in the market. Some users might find it hard to see clearly what is in the display because of its size. Nonetheless, it is colored and it is also backlit, which will provide users with the benefit of ease of readability even when positioned in direct sunlight.
The CHIRP transducer is one of the features that you can find to be impressive in this model. This is going to provide you with clearer and more accurate detail of the fish compared to the models that come with traditional transducer. While some send only a single frequency at a time, in the case of this model, continuous sweep of frequencies will be sent. This wider range of separation can translate into higher accuracy and crispness of fish arches.
Built-in, High-Sensitivity GPS
The GPS that is integrated in this unit is one more thing that has captivated the attention of many people. This will allow the quick and precise ability to pinpoint your present location. You will also have the ability to mark the spots where the fish has been biting, allowing you to return to that point at a later time. Ramps, docks, and other locations can also be marked.
In spite of the affordable price of the fish finder, the built-in flasher makes it exceptional. Even if you are ice fishing, you will be able to clearly see the target with precision. Whether it is muddy, you can still clearly see what is in the bottom. This makes it a versatile option as it can be used in various fishing environments.
- Affordable: If you are looking for an entry-level fish finder that comes with an affordable price, this is one option that can prove to be perfect for your needs. It is perfect for beginners looking for a product that has simple interface.
- Easy to Use: The simplicity of this model is perhaps the reason why it has been given words of praises for being user-friendly. The features are very basic, and hence, having it operated will never be complicated, even if you are a newbie.
- Reliable GPS: The GPS that is integrated in this unit is pretty much impressive, especially given its price range. It has high sensitivity, which is one of the reasons why you can expect such to deliver precise results.
- Great Screen Resolution: Similar with other products from Garmin, many also loved the impressive screen resolution. The screen may be small, but it has vivid colors and you can see clearly what is displayed. This is possible even in broad daylight as the screen comes with a backlight.
- Dual Beam: Most of the models within this price point have a single beam. This model, however, has dual beam.
- No Built-in Maps: This is perhaps the biggest drawback of this model. There are no maps in the unit, which is one of the reasons why some people assert that the functions are quite limited. There is a built-in- GPS receiver though. For the price of the unit, it is pretty much understandable that there are no maps.
- Limited Features: For newbies, this might actually be a good thing. For fishing enthusiasts, on the other hand, it can be frustrating. It is very limited in terms of what it can do, although there is no doubt in the accuracy of the unit.
Clearly, Garmin Striker 4 is the best choice if you are looking for an affordable fish finder that has basic features. Its screen might be small, but it has a color display and is backlit, making it easy to see the information that is displayed. It has basic features, making it an option that excels in terms of being user-friendly. It has a simple layout and devoid of complications. However, there are no built-in maps and for the pros, they might find the features to be minimal.