- Affordability - 9/109/10
- Power - 8/108/10
- Comfort - 9/109/10
- Blade - 9/109/10
- Durability - 7/107/10
This corded hedger comes with an affordable price. More than its cost, it is also given words of praises because of its lightweight and ergonomic design, as well as its safety features like the lock-off switch and double insulation.
2.7 Amp Motor
The capacity of the motor of this hedge trimmer is already indicative of how it is made specifically to tackle small-duty tasks. You will have no problem if you are going to use it for small jobs. On the other hand, for heavy-duty cutting, the performance can be quite dismal as it is not meant for such tasks.
Dual Reciprocating Blades
In any hedge trimmer, one of the most important parts is the blade, which will have a huge influence on the overall performance. In the case of this model, it is integrated with dual reciprocating blade, which can quickly and effortlessly cut through branches with thickness of up to ¾ inch. The blades can move to a speed of up to 3,200 strokes per minute, which is pretty much impressive given the fact that it is meant specifically for small tasks. It has a length of 18 inches, which is shorter than the blades of other models.
Double Insulated Design
This is one of the design attributes that is truly unique in this model. This means that there is an additional protective layer, which is as against conventional models with only one layer of insulation. The latter can offer protection from electrical shock. It is also going to help make sure that you feel comfortable and that vibration is minimized.
This is one feature that is beneficial when it comes to safety. This means that accidental startup of the unit will be prevented because of the lock. In the event that it starts on its own, it will automatically power off, preventing the possibility of resulting into injury.
- Affordable: For an entry-level hedge trimmer, this is definitely a steal. In fact, this is one of the cheapest models that we have seen on the market. Anyone who is budget-conscious will surely love the price tag of this product. It is proof that you do not have to spend too much to enjoy high quality.
- Safe: It is also a good thing that this model is hard to match when it comes to safety. There are certain features that will give you peace of mind, such as the automatic shut-off feature for accidental startup.
- Ergonomic Grip: The design of the handle is another thing that is worth noting. While it cannot be adjusted for vertical and horizontal trimming, it is a good thing that it fits perfectly in your hand. This means that even if you will be using the hedge trimmer for an extended period, you never have to worry about discomfort.
- Lightweight: Weighing only 5.1 pounds, you definitely have another good reason to choose this above other models that are available on the market. Its weight is a good thing when it comes to comfort, especially if you expect to use it for a long time.
- Corded: One of the limitations of this hedge trimmer is the fact that this is a corded electric model. This means that the length of the cord can be restrictive. This also means that portability and versatility can be compromised. It should be used only in places where there is an electricity supply. This is unlike in the case of those that are powered by battery and gas.
- Small Cutting Capacity: There are also some who complained that this is not perfect for heavy-duty cutting. It is perfect only for small tasks. The length of the blade is one of the reasons why the performance is limited.
If there is just one reason why you should choose GreenWorks 22102 Electric Hedger, it would perhaps be its price. Beyond being affordable, however, it can deliver a wealth of other benefits. For instance, it is also ergonomic, prioritizing the comfort of the user. This is made possible through having a comfortable handle and a lightweight body. For safety, it has lock-off feature to avoid accidentally starting. It also has double insulation to avoid electrical shock and to minimize the vibration that is produced. However, since it is corded, you will be limited in terms of mobility and you need to make sure that there is a source of power nearby.