- Design - 9.2/109.2/10
- Ease of Use - 9.0/109.0/10
- Safety - 9.5/109.5/10
- Durability - 9.8/109.8/10
- Warranty and Support - 9.4/109.4/10
The Hamilton Beach Single Serve Coffee Brewer and Full Pot Coffee Maker definitely brews good coffee. Add to that the fact that it is easy to care for and you have a gem in your hands.
What is good with this coffee maker is the fact that you are given the choice in how you would want to get the brewing done. There is single brew option would be perfect for this purpose. There is the full brew too. The pot is capable of serving 12 cups. This means that you can brew a good full pot and not have to worry about having to make a new brew again afterward.
Automatic Shut Off
One of the greater concerns that busy people have about the appliances that they use at home is the fact that they may become too preoccupied with what they are doing that they might forget to turn them off. Not on this one though. If you do forget to turn it off, it has the automatic hit off feature that will kick in after two hours.
Brew in Advance
You can get the appliance programmed to the specific hour or minute that you would prefer to enjoy your brewed coffee. This is a feature that can even be programmed 24 hours in advance. Talk about ease and convenience.
Brew Soft Pods
Sometimes, you just do not have the time to measure and scoop and then brew afterward. If you wish to, you can opt to use pre-flavored and pre-packaged pods. The coffee maker has a pod holder that can brew any soft pod coffee. Expect that you will still experience that taste of freshly ground coffee minus the trouble of having to scoop and measure.
Brew Strength Selector
This feature makes it possible for you to choose how strong your coffee should be. If you like the simplicity that a standard brew brings, then there is the Regular option. If you want to tickle your taste buds with something stronger and bolder, then the Bold option will work wonders for you. You can even select decaf, premium roast, and even prime grind too in order for you to get richer flavors.
- Attractive and straightforward design: Not a lot of people are fans of those devices that tend to be intricately designed that their looks suggestion complications. There are those that would prefer their coffee makers to be straightforward. This is definitely one of those simplistic machines that can be found around. They do look appealing in any kitchen setting too.
- Glass carafes are very attractive: The use of glass carafes on plate warmers that are black makes the device look even more attractive and sleek. This is a basic model, but definitely packs in a lot of versatility. This is one device that banks on simplicity, but is never behind in the looks department too.
- Has a permanent coffee filter: If you want to opt for a device that will cost you less in the long run, this is definitely one of the top choices. The coffee filter that it comes with is permanent this means that you can save a lot of money since there is no need for you to have to buy coffee filters. Still, you do have the choice to use paper filters with the device if you so choose to
- Has a water filter: This is one feature that a lot of people in areas with substandard tap water supply will truly appreciate. It is easy to snap the filter in place too. Also, it has to be replaced every 60 brewing cycles.
- Model might lack a lot of features: This is a model that might not have the function of many of the top coffee makers around. Do not expect any sound alert when the brewing is done. No alert is given when it is time to get the coffee maker cleaned too. Also, there is no recall setting if the power goes out while it is brewing.
- Clock setting has no lock feature: This is not really a big flaw, but it can cause one to accidentally mess up the hours or the minutes while handling the unit.
The Hamilton Beach Single Serve Coffee Brewer and Full Pot Coffee Maker definitely brews good coffee. Add to that the fact that it is easy to care for and you have a gem in your hands. It may lack some of the frills that many of the coffee makers around have, but it is definitely one device that is worth having sitting on your kitchen counter.