- Affordability - 8/108/10
- Display - 9/109/10
- Power - 8/108/10
- Features - 8/108/10
- Ease of Use - 7/107/10
With a 5-inch display and bright resolution, this fish finder will provide clarity of information presented. It also has Precision GPS, Sonar Imaging, Down Imaging, and Dual Beam Plus.
This model comes with a 5-inch screen, which is pretty much decent given its price. A lot of models within the same price have screens with smaller sizes, which are harder to see. It also comes with 480×800 resolution screen, making it easy to see the information that is displayed. The backlight is another feature that we found impressive. This means that you will be able to clearly see the screen whether it is used at day or night.
Side and Down Imaging
The combination of the side and down imaging in one product allows you to be provided with more accurate information about the location of the fish underwater. The high-frequency sound waves will help you to target fish at 180 degrees. Up or down, left of right, you will be able to see reliable visuals that detect location of where your next catch is going to be.
Dual Beam Plus
Some fish finders have a single beam, but this model has dual beam, which is exactly the reason why it can prove to be more accurate. The center beam has a narrow focus and it will also have a more extensive reach. The first beam is basically the one that is responsible for screening the bottom while the second beam will be the one to locate the fish.
The built-in GPS functionality of this model is another reason why it has been ranked by many as being exceptional when it comes to quality and accuracy. It is also compatible with Navionics, which will provide you with easy access to maps that you will need. The latter, however, should be purchased separately from the unit.
- Free Software Update: From time to time, the company improves their software. They make upgrades in order to address previous glitches and as a response to the complaints from some users. Humminbird 409640-1 Helix 5 SI Fish Finder with Side Imaging and GPS comes with free software update for life, allowing you to take advantage of the newest improvements.
- Clear Display: This model comes with a screen that has a generous size and exceptional clarity. Regardless of what time it is, you can easily see the information in the screen because of its vivid display.
- Accurate: The GPS that is found in this model is another reason why it has been well-received in the market. It is unrivalled in terms of accuracy of pinpointing your exact location. However, as it will be discussed later, its mapping capability is a bit limited compared to competing models.
- High-Capacity Memory: With this model, you can store up to 2,750 waypoints, 45 routes, 20 tracks, and 20,000 waypoints for each of the tracks. This will allow you to easily go back to your previous routes.
- Basic Mapping: There are preloaded maps that can be found in this fish finder, but the problem is that they are very basic in terms of functionality. There is no detailed information, such as depth of the water.
- Slow Processor: When it comes to accuracy, you can expect this model to be exceptional. However, there are some users who have complained about the speed of the processor, noting that it is a bit slow. From the time you turn it on, it will take quite a while before the display will appear.
Fishing does not need to be complicated and frustrating. All that you need is to have Humminbird 409640-1 Helix 5 SI Fish Finder with Side Imaging and GPS. Being feature-rich, you can expect it to be hard to match when it comes to quality and functionality. From the bright display to built-in GPS, it does not run short in terms of features that will make it user-friendly and accurate. Some, however, noted that the mapping is pretty much basic and you have to wait a little before the screen goes on.