- Battery - 9.1/109.1/10
- Ease of Use - 8.8/108.8/10
- Value - 9.1/109.1/10
- Cutting - 8.9/108.9/10
- Durability - 8.8/108.8/10
It is not too heavy nor is it too big that it brings you difficulty to control it. In addition, if your concern is about getting extra blades for this unit, you can get those from your local stores as they are usually cheap from there and you don't have to spend many days waiting for your shipping.
It is designed to give you an edge and improvement in your projects if you are a plumber or technician. However, if you are just looking to carry out small projects around the home such as Do It Yourself projects, you will find the necessary features to accomplish that goal with this unit.
For more features and benefits of this unit, scroll down to the following sections. We have divided the review into easy sections so that you can jump directly to the section that is applicable to you right now.
- The Jet 414458 HVBS is a versatile band that can be used in dual positions – adjustable horizontal or vertical metalworking band saw.
- The Jet 414458 HVBS-56M 5-by-6-Inch 1/2 HP Horizontal/Vertical Bandsaw comes with diameter wheels and an onboard handle to give you free and unobstructed movement during work.
- The blade wheel on this unit has ball bearing support. The ball bearing on the wheels is adjustable.
- It has a 1/2 horsepower that is combined with the high capacity, swivel vise that helps to complete any cutting efficiently and smoothly.
- The packaging comes with a carbon steel blade as well as vertical worktable and material stop for convenience in working.
- This unit is backed by two-year limited warranty.
- This unit is designed to give you continuous and consistent performance even after you have had it for many years. In addition, it is easy to work on and move around with the addition of 14-gauge stand and two large wheels.
- With the inclusion of the adjustable leveling pads to the frontal legs of this unit, you will be able to get smooth and accurate cut every time. The 1/2 horsepower motor on this band saw also allows you to sift through steel with ease.
- One feature that we particularly liked about this unit is that it has the capacity to shut off after each cut. This mechanism is put in place by the manufacturer to prevent accidents from the loss in control of the machine.
- You will be able to enjoy more flexibility and control of your projects with the vise, which has the capacity to swivel up to 45 degrees and the throat depth on this unit is 5 inches. Depending on the material you are working on, you can set the speed from 80 up to 200 feet per minute.
- This band saw also features a ball bearing supported blade wheel for additional durability and longevity.
- This band saw is easy to assemble and use and it comes with a solid base. Moreover, it has a nice fit and finish, which beats some other models out there. Moreover, you don’t have to add extra bracing to this unit as it already has a solid base.
- Although this unit actually performs well, there is a need for adequate maintenance such as periodic lubrication so that the blades don’t break. This will also prevent the saw from seizing in the middle of an important project.
- Some users have complained that some part of the instruction manual that accompanies this product is not very helpful during installation. This requires some observation and deduction to figure out which part should be fixed where.
- There could be an interference problem with the switch box and the leg cross brace after installation. If you experience this problem, the best thing you can do is to ground the brace to form a notch so that the switch box can be cleared out of the way.
- Someone also complained that the table for the vertical cut is cheap and not well built. There is no adjustment for the table so it is not possible to adjust when you experience this problem.
If you were looking for the band saw that is well built and that gets the job done, we would recommend this unit for you. It is not too heavy nor is it too big that it brings you difficulty to control it. In addition, if your concern is about getting extra blades for this unit, you can get those from your local stores as they are usually cheap from there and you don’t have to spend many days waiting for your shipping. In general, if you are a machinist with little mechanical ability, you will enjoy the features offered by this unit. In addition, if you are a technician or plumber, you will find that it complements your skills and technical expertise.