- Affordability - 8/108/10
- Capacity - 9/109/10
- Style - 9/109/10
- Coverage - 9/109/10
- Versatility - 9/109/10
Made for large rooms, this dehumidifier can deliver a moisture removal rate of up to 70 pints per day. It is also energy-efficient and has user-friendly controls. The dust filter is also a good thing, which is permanent and can be easily cleaned when needed.
Why should you have a dehumidifier at home? The reason is simple – to remove excess moisture. But, why would you even bother, anyway? Well, this is because too much humidity in the room can be a bad thing. It is going to lead into the growth of bacteria and mold, among others. This can put your health at risk, especially if you are sensitive. If you often have allergic reactions, runny nose, or experience wheezing, among other problems, these are some indications that you should have a dehumidifier.
Which dehumidifier should I pick? This is the more important question that you should be asking. Making a decision will not be easy, especially because of too many options, with each brand making claims that their product is the best. In the rest of this post, we will take a quick look at Keystone KSTAD70B Dehumidifier. We will discuss some of its most impressive features. We will also go through some of its pros and cons. By the time that you are finished, we hope that it will be easier for you to decide if this will make an excellent choice or if you should go on looking for other alternatives.
70 Pints Removable Rate
This model comes with a tank that is easy to empty. Based on the specifications from the manufacturer, the moisture removal rate is 70 pints per day. With this, you can expect that it will be functional longer, compared to those with smaller tank. Make sure to have the tank emptied as needed in order for its operation to be continuous.
Two Fan Speeds
You will be in control with the use of this unit. You will have the freedom to choose from standard or turbo mode, which will be indicative of the speed of its fan. If you want it to remove moisture quicker, choose the Turbo mode. This, however can lead into more noise and can make the bucket full quicker.
There is no need to pay close attention to the unit. Once the tank is full, it can be sensed by the unit, and hence, its operation will automatically stop. This will help to preserve its internal components and can also prevent overflowing of water. Most importantly, this is vital for your safety.
Removable Dust Filter
The filter is important to be regularly cleaned in order to optimize the functionality of a dehumidifier. While many models are equipped with expensive replaceable filters, in the case of Keystone KSTAD70B Dehumidifier, it has a washable dust filter. This does not need to be replaced all throughout the functional life of the unit. You just need to clean it periodically.
- Wide Coverage: Even if you have a large room, you can expect that this dehumidifier will be able to deliver a wonderful job. In fact, it is made for rooms that are up to 4,500 square feet.
- Automatic Defrost: One of the most common problems with dehumidifiers is that they are prone to frosting. When this happens, the coils can be blocked and the functionality will be negatively affected. It is a good thing that this model has the capability to defrost on its own.
- Minimal Power Consumption: Even with the large size of this unit, it is quite surprising that it can prove to be energy-efficient. You won’t have to suffer from high electricity costs, even if it is used frequently.
- Option for Continuous Draining: It is such a hassle to empty the tank every now and then. With this model, you will love the fact that it can be connected to a suitable drain, allowing it to function continuously.
- Can Generate Heat: While it is a good thing that there will be an option for continuous draining, one of the problems is that it has the potential to increase the temperature in the room. It can generate heat, which will be easily noticeable if it is used in a small space.
- Can be Noisy: This is one thing that is common amongst dehumidifiers with compressor. The sound is especially apparent when it is used in its highest setting. This can be disruptive, especially if it is placed in the bedroom.
Even in spite of the high-end and impressive functions of Keystone KSTAD70B Dehumidifier, it comes with a reasonable price. It can offer excellent value for your money. It has a moisture removal rate of up to 70 pints per day, making it an excellent choice for a large room. Aside from the integrated tank, it can also be connected to a drain, which will allow you to use the product continuously.