- Affordability - 8.9/108.9/10
- Design - 8.9/108.9/10
- Features - 9/109/10
- Wattage - 9.2/109.2/10
- Ease of Use - 9/109/10
This 200-watt space heater is not meant for a large room, but will deliver an excellent job in small spaces, such as inside the car.
The cold weather may seem romantic for some people, but for many, it means one thing – discomfort. After all, no one wants to wear layers of clothing even at home. This will make it hard for you to move around! The good thing is that we are now living in a modern time and we are gifted with technologies that can make our lives a lot easier. One of the perfect examples of such is the best space heater. This is a handy appliance that can make us warm when the cold starts to be bothersome.
In many best space heater reviews, you can see that Lasko #100 MyHeat Personal Ceramic Heater is one product that is often mentioned. It is simple and cheap. But, should these be enough to entice you to have it chosen above other models? Keep on reading the rest of this review and learn from our discussions. In the end, you will find it easier to make a well-informed choice.
This model comes with a self-regulating ceramic heating element. This is similar to what you can find in the models from the higher end of the market. With the latter, you can expect that it will generate heat quickly. In addition, this is also a good feature because it makes the unit safe and prevents the occurrence of overheating.
200 Watts of Heating Power
This is a product that is meant to be a personal heater. It is not made to be used in a living room filled with guests or in a large bedroom. Rather, you can use it in your office desk, in your car, or other small spaces where there is not much air in the room. Its low wattage is a good thing because it also means that it can be used without being worried about excessive energy consumption.
Cool Touch Housing
Even after several hours of being turned on, when you touch the housing, you can be sure that it won’t hurt. It absorbs heat effectively, but it is not transferred on the surface. The housing does not only remain cool, but it is also made from lightweight material, which is one reason why it is a portable choice.
- Compact Design: One of the reasons why this is chosen by many is its small size, staying true to the claim that this is indeed made only for personal use. With its sleek profile, you can bring it with you anywhere and use it when you need warmth. You can bring it even in the office or in your car.
- User-Friendly: The marketplace is filled with too many choices, but many of them are complicated, especially for someone who has not yet used a space heater in the past. This model is devoid of complicated buttons and operating it will be easy. There is no technical, knowledge required.
- Quick Heating: You do not need to wait for a long time before it can produce the heat that is desired, provided that it is not used in a large space. This benefit can be attributed to the unit’s ceramic heating element.
- Low Energy Consumption: Because of the size of this space heater, you can expect that this is going to be energy-efficient. Even if you use this every day and for an extended period, there is no need to worry that your electricity bill will shoot up.
- Minimal Capacity: This is one of the most common complaints about this product. Take note that this is not meant to heat an entire room. With only 200 watts, it is easy to understand that this is not meant to be like most of its competitors. The inclusion of the word “personal” in its name must already give you an idea on how minimal is the heat that it can produce.
- No Thermostat: Another problem with this model is that it does not have a thermostat. This means that you can expect it to continuously heat the room, even if it is already hot. This can be a hassle on your end.
In sum, Lasko #100 MyHeat Personal Ceramic Heater will be an excellent choice if you want one that is compact and simple. With only 200 watts, you can use it even inside the car. It has an intuitive user-interface. The heater comes with a plastic housing that does not absorb heat, making it stay cool to the touch even after several hours of operations. Lastly, it comes fully-assembled, allowing you to use it right out of the box.