- Affordability - 8/108/10
- Power - 9/109/10
- Weight - 8/108/10
- Comfort - 8/108/10
- Ease of Use - 8/108/10
: Equipped with a 15-amp motor and magnesium components, this circular saw can prove to be powerful, lightweight, and durable. It also has built-in light, which can provide illumination when working in poorly-lit environments.
When it comes to carpentry and woodworking, circular saw is one of the tools that can prove to be indispensable. This will provide you with a powerful equipment that can perform quick and accurate cuts in a wide array of materials. Having just any circular saw, however, would not suffice. It should be considered as an investment, and hence, you should be careful in choosing which one to purchase.
Among others, one of the options that can be taken into account would be Makita 5007MG Magnesium Circular Saw. Will this be worth your money? Will it deliver an impressive performance? To know more about what you can expect from this model, keep on reading the rest of this review.
To evaluate the options that you will be confronted with, one of the most important things that should be done is to compare the motor. In the case of this model, you will surely love the fact that it is integrated with a 15-amp motor, which will allow it to easily tackle even the most demanding applications. This makes it ideal even for industrial use. Regardless of the material that will be cut, you can anticipate that it is going to deliver a performance that is hard to match.
45 and 90-degree Bevel Capacity
Versatility is another important thing when you are evaluating the options for the best circular saw. This model is going to be an excellent choice because of the adjustable bevel. This will make it easy for you to have it adjusted to a cutting depth of up to 1.75 inch at 45 degrees. On the other hand, at 90 degrees, it can cut up to 2.375 inches.
Super Bright LED
This is one of the most distinct features that you can find in this circular saw. Even if you are working in an area that is poorly lit, there is no need to worry. It comes with a built-in illumination that will allow you to see things clearly. It is also a good thing that the switch of the light is made separate from the trigger.
It is also important to take a look at the materials that are used, which will be indicative of the overall quality and performance of the circular saw. Magnesium is the primary material that is used in this model. The latter is exceptional not only because it is lightweight, but also because it is long-lasting.
- Well-balanced: This is one of the best things about this circular saw, and also perhaps one of the reasons why it is given excellent ratings when it comes to ease of handling. For pros who perform cutting tasks for an extended period, fatigue will surely not be an issue.
- Lightweight: Like in the case of being well-balanced, this is another thing that is contributory to the comfort of this circular saw. To add, this also makes it excellent in terms of portability, making it easy for users to carry it wherever work needs to be done.
- Durable: This is basically because of the magnesium components that are found in this circular saw. For sure, this will be able to withstand many years of use while making sure that its quality will remain superior.
- Easy Blade Replacement: In order to make sure that the circular saw will be able to deliver precise cuts and sharpness that is superior, you need to check the blades. In this model, if it is time to have the blade replaced with one that is sharper, such can be easily done.
- Corded: Choosing from a corded or cordless model can be a matter of personal preference. For some users, however, the mere fact that this model is corded can already be seen as a significant drawback. You need to have an electrical supply when it is used. The length of the cord can also limit your movements when you are working.
- Irregular Shape of the Base: You might also find the shape of the base to be a bit unusual when compared to other models within the product category. This may make it a bit awkward to use in most rip fences.
With the powerful motor that is integrated in Makita 5007MG Magnesium Circular Saw, you can be confident that it will be able to deliver superior performance even in the toughest applications. Even discerning users will agree that its quality is hard to rival. It is made with magnesium components, which are not only lightweight, but also durable. To top it all, it comes with a built-in light, which will provide illumination in the work area.