- Affordability - 8/108/10
- Weight - 7/107/10
- Power - 9/109/10
- Force - 8/108/10
- Tank - 8/108/10
With a 2 HP motor, this is an impressive choice for a portable air compressor. It has an oiled pump and versatile design, making it perfect for various applications. It also produces low noise.
Big Bore 2.0 HP Motor
This is perhaps one of the best things about this portable air compressor, and perhaps a major reason why it is ranked by many as being impressive when it comes to power. It can deliver 2 HP and maximum pressure of 130 PSI. This means that you can expect exceptional performance from the product, even for professional applications.
This can be a good and bad thing. One of the benefits of having an oil-lubricated pump is that it extends the functional life of the motor. However, it means that you need to add oil to the compressor, making it a bit demanding in terms of the maintenance that is required.
Big Bore Cylinder
The bigger the bore, the more powerful it is going to be, which is exactly the reason why this model is being favored by its users. The design of the bore is optimized to withstand even the toughest working environments. This is going to be ideal even if it is used in demanding applications. This will also lessen the likelihood that it will suffer from motor failure.
One Year Warranty from the Manufacturer
This is going to provide you peace of mind with your purchase. It may not be as extensive as the warranty of other models, but it is already decent enough. Meaning, within one year, if defects and problems with craftsmanship are experienced, the manufacturer can have it repaired for free. This, of course, is provided that you have followed the terms and conditions to prevent the warranty from being voided.
- Operates Quietly: At only 80 dB, this is one of the quietest air compressors that is available on the market today. You can expect that this will not distract you from the job because of its low noise.
- Oiled Pumps: As it has been noted earlier, this can be a drawback, but this can also be a good thing. This is going to ensure the long life of the motor through the lubrication that is provided by the oil.
- Durable Body: The cast iron body of Makita MAC700 Air Compressor has also been given words of praises by many because they can withstand frequent and long-term use. This is one of the reasons why this will surely be an investment worth your money.
- Draws Low Amps: It is also a good thing that it draws only 12 amps. This means that the voltage requirement is minimal. There are many instances wherein when using an air compressor, lights can go off at home, because of too high amperage. This is not going to be a problem with this model.
- Powerful Motor: With a 2 HP motor, you can expect this model to be impressive when it comes to power, allowing it to be useful for a wide array of applications.
- Complicated Assembly: There are some people who noted that the assembly is not straightforward, especially when dealing with the air filters. This can be a problem for those people who lack patience. With little technical knowledge and through following the instructions from the manufacturer, however, assembly can be a lot easier.
- Need for Oil Change: This is another common complaint from the past users of this air compressor. This means that a bit of maintenance will be required. This is as against other models with oil-free pump, which are easier to maintain.
Will Makita MAC700 Air Compressor be worth your money? If you are going to ask us, the answer is yes. It comes with a practical price, yet it does not fall short in terms of impressive features that are comparable to those that can be found in the higher end of the market. It is powered by a 2HP motor and produces only 80 dB of noise, making it one of the quietest air compressors that you can ever find. Words of praises have also been expressed with its oiled pump, which may be a bit tasking in terms of maintenance, but can significantly extend the life of the compressor.