- Design - 9/109/10
- Ease of Use - 9.2/109.2/10
- Safety - 9.4/109.4/10
- Durability - 9.3/109.3/10
- Warranty and Support - 9.8/109.8/10
Moccamaster KBT 10-Cup Coffee Brewer with Thermal Carafe has been the coffee maker of choice by people who want to get a brewer that can produce excellent drip coffee
This is a coffee brewer that has successfully met the standards and strict guidelines set by the ECBC. This means that this is a device that has successfully met standards when it comes to the brewing temperature of the coffee, the saturation time of the coffee and water, as well as the holding temperature of the coffee.
Durable Brewing Housing
What you are getting here is a brewing housing that is made of durable metal of the best quality. If you are hoping for a coffee maker that will last you for a very long time, this is indeed the best choice. This is one appliance that is not only hand-made, but is also tested individually to ensure that every kitchen that it is delivered to is going to make the most of it.
Precision in Coffee-Water Saturation
The best coffee comes out when there is roper saturation between the coffee and the water. The appliance has four to six minutes of saturation time which basically coincides with the ideal time it would take for the flavors from the coffee to be successfully incorporated on to the brew.
Optimal Brewing Temperature
Every coffee connoisseur out there understands how important a role the water temperature plays in exacting a good brew. In this case, the coffee maker is capable of getting the water hated up to 250F. You can expect that what you are getting is a cup of steaming hot, and excellent tasting coffee.
- Comes assembled: This means that one will not have a hard time figuring out how to get the entire appliance put together. It is virtually ready to use upon arrival and will only require a few things to get installed and it is ready to get its first brew done.
- Excellent brewing temperature: One of the many downsides of cheaper coffee makers these days is the fact that they tend to fail to live up to the appropriate brewing temperature of the water. Not for this appliance though. It brews the coffee at a temperature of 195-205F which makes it an even more ideal choice.
- Heated water does not touch plastic: After the water has been heated towards the ideal temperature, it does not touch any plastic any more. This is definitely one very important factor that many purists as far as coffee brewing goes. After all, getting the water to touch plastic after it is heated may be accounted for the plastic aftertaste that people may have in their coffee.
- No temperature control: Understand that this is a very simple machine to use and hence, may lack all of the fancy controls that other fancy machines tend to have. There is a good chance that the minor drops and increases in the temperature may cause differences in the taste of the batches of brews that you will be making.
- Too simplistic to some: There are people that might find the design of the appliance to be way too simplistic. It does look quite rudimentary at first glance. It does have a wealth of complexity underneath though since you get to have a closer look.
- Slider for flow control may be way too flimsy: The flow control located on the filter basket of the appliance may be one of its weaknesses. The slider seems to have a flimsy feel. Setting it to your flow of preference can be quite finicky. There is a high possibility of the slider cracking or breaking which can then turn to leak issues and even burn hazards.
For such a long time now, Moccamaster KBT 10-Cup Coffee Brewer with Thermal Carafe has been the coffee maker of choice by people who want to get a brewer that can produce excellent drip coffee. Many of the people that have been using the device for a long time would claim that they have never had a coffee maker that was able to brew a more excellent cup. This is not surprising though, after all, this is an appliance that offers a simplistic yet attractive design along with a build quality that is nothing short of excellent.