- Comfort - 9/109/10
- Ease of Assembly - 9/109/10
- Portability - 8.5/108.5/10
- Weather Resistance - 9.5/109.5/10
- Design - 9/109/10
The Mountainsmith Morrison 2-Person Tent is a mid-price tent with features that are almost comparable to the more expensive models. While it is quite heavier than other models, its weight should not be an issue because such makes the product more durable, especially when camping with inclement weather conditions.
It makes outdoor trips more memorable and hassle-free as it can be pitched without having to require too much effort on your part. Although it is not the cheapest option, most people did not mind spending such an amount for this tent because it is filled with promising features that will surely make camping more fun.
35 Square Feet of Floor Space
For a 2-person tent, this is quite a decent area that can provide a comfortable sleeping space. When used on your own, you will have a roomy tent with plenty of available space for your camping gears. Even if you are a tall camper, your comfort will not be a problem with this tent.
This may not be the lightest tent within the product category, but such weight is acceptable given the fact that it is loaded with different features and it is durable.
This is one of the features that encourages ease of setup. In addition, it also makes the tent lightweight.
This is another useful feature as this will provide the protection that you will need when it rains during your camping trip.
7000 Series Aluminum Poles
Since the poles are made from aluminum, you can expect such to be lightweight and stable. Nonetheless, given the size of the tent and the construction of the poles, you should not expect such to withstand powerful winds or heavy snow.
Flexibility is one thing at which this tent can prove to be excellent. It can be your reliable companion for camping season after season. Whether it is spring, summer, or fall, you can trust this tent.
- Easy to Pitch: Having a tent that is complicated to setup is sure to give you headaches. The good thing is that the Mountainsmith Morrison 2-Person Tent is user-friendly. Pitching the tent will only require a few minutes of your time, especially if your practice beforehand. It has a simple, color-coded dual pole design. There are also cord adjusters that are conveniently located, making it easy to have adjustments.
- High-Quality Materials: From the poles to the fabric, there is no doubt that this tent is made with the use of superior materials. For instance, it is made with the use of polyester fabric that can withstand long-term use. The PU-coated bathtub-style floor is also a plus, which makes sure that you will be protected from mud and water once you are inside the tent. Additionally, it also makes use of PU-coated polyester fly.
- Well-Ventilated: No one would want to feel like being in a sauna when inside a tent, except if it is winter. This tent comes with fly ventilation windows, which will help in the reduction of the build-up of condensation. In addition, the quality of the fabric also helps in offering excellent ventilation inside the tent.
- Excellent Value for Money: While this is not necessarily cheap, the cost to quality ratio is quite impressive. Most of the other models you can find within the same price range may be inferior in terms of quality. On the other hand, most of the tents with similar features and construction as the Mountainsmith Morrison 2-Person Tent can be more expensive.
- Small Vestibule: While the tent is equipped with a vestibule that can accommodate your camping gear, there are some who have complained of its small size and how tall people can have difficulty in accessing such.
- Heavy: At a weight of five pounds, this is quite on the heavy side. There are similar tents that are lighter, yet they can offer the same functionality. If you are looking for a tent that is portable and perfect for backpacking, its weight may come as a disappointment.
The Mountainsmith Morrison 2-Person Tent is a mid-price tent with features that are almost comparable to the more expensive models. While it is quite heavier than other models, its weight should not be an issue because such makes the product more durable, especially when camping with inclement weather conditions. The durability of the materials used, including the fabric and the poles, should be highlighted. This can provide you with the assurance that the tent could withstand many years of use. This is also rated as a 3-season tent. It has an integrated vestibule for additional storage space for camping stuff, although some people noted that the size is quite small.