- Affordability - 8/108/10
- Power - 9/109/10
- Comfort - 8/108/10
- Blade - 8/108/10
- Durability - 8/108/10
This gas-powered hedge trimmer is equipped with a 28cc motor and 22-inch dual-sided blade. It is excellent in terms of comfort as it comes with an ergonomic and well-balanced design.
The power that you can expect from this unit is attributed to its dependable 28cc engine. The latter provides it with the exceptional capability to cut even thick branches in a manner that is quick and almost effortless. However, because the engine is gas-powered, expect that it is going to produce a loud noise, which other users may even find annoying.
22-inch Dual Sided Blade
While the engine is one of the parts responsible for its reliability, the blade is another feature that is also worth mentioning. The serrated blade has a length of 22 inches, making it flexible enough for various cutting applications. It is made from a durable material, which will make it last many years of use. The blade is also dual-sided, making it more efficient when it cuts.
Versatility is another reason why Poulan Pro PP2822 Hedge Trimmer is one option that is worth being taken into consideration. With the swivel handle, users will have the opportunity to have it positioned in a specific angle that is most comfortable. You can customize the angle depending on your personal preferences. Changing from one position to another will surely be effortless on your end.
This is one of the reasons why it has been ranked by many as being impressive when it comes to ease of use. When it is taken out of the box, most of the parts are already assembled. It is also a good thing that the manufacturer provides comprehensive instructions, allowing you to make the most out of the unit even if you have not used a hedge trimmer in the past.
- Ergonomic Design: This is basically because of the swivel handle that is integrated in the unit. With is feature, you are in control and your comfort will be prioritized. You can easily reposition the hedge trimmer based on what the job requires.
- Powerful: This is basically because this is a gas-powered model. This means that it is going to deliver better cutting capability, as against to what you can expect from gas or battery-powered hedge trimmers. Even for professional applications, this is sure to work at its best.
- Balanced Design: If you are looking for comfort, balanced design is one of the most important. This means that you will be able to have it handled with ease. This is unlike in the case of other models wherein you will often lose balance when holding the unit.
- Impressive Blades: The long, rotating, and durable blades are also worth giving an emphasis as it is another reason why we believe this is an exceptional choice for a hedge trimmer. It can cut in a manner that is effortless. The blade will also surely withstand wear and tear because of its exceptional construction.
- A Bit Heavy: Compared to most of the options that you can find on the market, a lot of its users have noted that its weight can be a burden. Because it is heavy, you might experience discomfort in its use, especially if you need to be trimming for an extended time. This is also going to negatively impact its portability.
- Can Get Hot: There are also complaints about the exhaust and how it can get hot, which seems to be typical for gas-powered hedge trimmers. One of the ways to resolve this issue is to wear thick gloves, which will prevent the heat from penetrating your skin.
There is no denying that Poulan Pro PP2822 Hedge Trimmer is one of the best models if you are looking for power. It comes with a 28cc engine and it is powered by gas, which is basically the reason why it is hard to match on the basis of its power. It comes with a 22-inch cutting dual-sided, serrated blade. It also has a balanced and ergonomic design, which is why it will make a positive impression when you talk about comfort. Nonetheless, since it is gas-powered, expect that it is heavy, a bit noisy, and it can also produce heat.