- Affordability - 9.5/109.5/10
- Capacity - 8.2/108.2/10
- Ease of Use - 8.8/108.8/10
- Versatility - 7.4/107.4/10
- Cooking Pot - 7.6/107.6/10
This model comes with a 4-quart removable stoneware. It has a glass lid for ease of monitoring progress of cooking. For simplicity, it comes with a knob that can be turned to choose the specific setting.
Slow cooking is a technique that has been around for a long time now. It is the perfect choice for soups, casseroles, and stews, among other recipes that will require the ingredients to be cooked at consistent temperature for an extended period. Slow cookers make this easier. However, the latter will only be the case if you opt to use the right product. They are available in all shapes and sizes, in different brands and models, which is why you should exert effort in finding the best slow cooker.
From various best slow cooker reviews, Proctor-Silex 33043 is one model that is often recommended. Its price is perhaps the best thing about this product. Aside from being affordable, what will make this a great choice? Keep on reading and we’ll give you a glimpse on some of the notable features that you can see in this product, as well as some of its benefits and feedbacks.
4 -Quart Stoneware
Compared to most of the models within the competition, the size of the cooking pot that is included is a bit smaller, making it perfect only for personal use or smaller portions of meat. This size, however, can also be a good thing, especially if you have a small kitchen and if you hate having bulky appliances around, especially when you live in a tiny apartment.
Dishwasher-safe Glass Lid
Glass is an excellent choice of material for a glass lid simply because it is transparent. This means that you will easily be able to monitor the progress of slow cooking. There is no need to lift the lid just to see what is happening. It is also a good thing that you can clean it in the dishwasher, which is one reason why it ranks well in terms of being user-friendly.
Keep Warm Function
Despite of the fact that it is cheap and simple, one feature that you will appreciate is the Keep Warm function. This means that once it is done cooking, it will automatically keep the dish warm, making it fresh and hot once it is ready to be consumed.
- Simple Interface: The simplicity of this slow cooker is one thing that you will love. There is a simple knob instead of a complicated control panel with several buttons. Just turn the knob and select the desired settings. Even first-timers will be able to do this without any difficulty.
- Made by a Trusted Brand: Proctor-Silex is one of the most trusted brands within the product category, which is enough to make you confident about its quality. With this, you can be sure that even through the years, it will remain functional, unlike others that will ask for a replacement just after a short period.
- Easy to Clean: You will also love how cleaning the unit can be accomplished in a snap. The glass lid is dishwasher safe, as well as the stoneware. Occasionally, however, depending on the ingredients that are used, there is a possibility of sticking on the surface.
- Crock Doubles as a Tray: Another good thing about this product is that you can remove the pot when done cooking and it can also be used as a serving tray. You no longer need to transfer the dish when it is ready to be devoured.
- Energy Efficient: The minimal energy consumption of this slow cooker is another reason why it is impressive. Even if it is used for an extended period and every day, there is no need to worry that your utility bill will shoot up.
- Lacks an Indicator Light: One thing that you will like about this product is the absence of a light that will notify you if the unit is turned on or not. This can be a bad thing, especially because it does not come with an automatic shutoff function. Safety can be compromised because of this.
- Sticky Surface: Going through the reviews about this product, there are also several people who complained about how there is no non-stick surface. At times, food can get stuck on the surface, which can also make it more difficult to clean.
In sum, Proctor-Silex 33043 Slow Cooker will be an ideal option if you are looking for a product that is budget-friendly. Given its cheap price, this is perfect for those who are just starting with slow cooking. In many of the best slow cooker reviews, it has also been praised because it is simple to use and easy to clean. Its compact design is also a plus, especially if you have a small kitchen and if you want one for personal use.