Good music – this is one thing that we always want to hear. It can even be therapeutic at times. When you are stuck in traffic or when you are out on a road trip with friends, music can give you a good time. However, in most instances, music in your car can suck. The reason – your factory speakers are inferior! The best thing that you can do is to have it replaced with the best car speaker. With the latter, you will enjoy clean and crisp sound.
Your search for the best car speaker will not be easy. You will most probably end up being overwhelmed with too many choices that are available. We are here to extend a helping hand. Keep on reading and we will help you make the right choice. We will tackle some of the factors to take into consideration and some of the top models, as well as what users have highlighted in the car speaker reviews.
Top 12 Best Car Speakers on the Market
For a lot of people, they immediately reject the idea of choosing this speaker because of its expensive price tag. If you are more discerning, however, you will realize that the price will be worth it. It is one of the most impressive within the product category. It is made from high-quality components that are also long-lasting. They can produce crisp, clear, and responsive sound. External environment will not negatively affect the audio that it is able to produce. The best thing is that it does not only sound nice, but it also looks good.
This is unlike the other car speakers that we have discussed in this guide. If there is one reason why this is popular amongst many people, it would be its versatility. It can be used inside the car, but it can also be used outside in the car. Whether you are in the patio or in a boat, it can be excellent. It is water resistant and is built with the use of premium materials that are tough and hence, you can expect it to last long. It also has plug and play functionality, making it impressive when it comes to simplicity.
The best car speaker does not necessarily need to be expensive, as what can be proven by this model. While it comes with an affordable price, it can deliver a wealth of benefits to its users. Its quality can be comparable even with the more expensive choices. It has a peak power of 300 watts and has RMS of 50 watts. It is a 3-way speaker that is fitted with lightweight and responsive materials, contributing to its ability to reproduce sound that is hard to match when it comes to clarity. It also comes with mica matrix cone, which has been raved by many because of its responsiveness.
Fitted with muscular ABS grilles, these speakers are not only aesthetically-pleasing, but also impressive in terms of its technical features. It has a frequency response of 35 Hz to 23 kHz, nominal impedance of 4 ohms, 300 watts of peak power handing, and 92 dB efficiency. It also comes with 6.5-inch woofer, 25mm dome tweeter, and an outboard crossover. There are also fitting rings that are already included, making it easy for users to have it installed in different car brands and models.
This is a car speaker that comes with an affordable price tag, which is perhaps one thing that has captivated the attention of many people. With an affordable price, however, keep in mind that its quality is also not as good as the ones that are more expensive. There are plastic parts, which can affect the durability of the speaker. The bass is also weak. Other than these, it can be impressive in many ways. The performance of the cone and tweeter, for instance, are exceptional. You can clearly hear the highs as well.
This is another option that is sure to captivate the attention of people who are looking for budget-friendly alternatives. It is constructed with the use of premium materials, including butyl rubber for the surround and poly-mica for the woofer. It has peak power handling of 480 watts per pair and RMS of 160 per pair. It also has an optimized air flow design, which is one of the reasons why it can offer excellent protection from heat. When it comes to cosmetics, it may not be the most stylish, but it comes with a design that does not fall short in terms of attractiveness.
If you are looking for a car speaker that is made by a reliable company, this should be in your list of possibilities. It is made with high-quality components and features innovative technologies. It has aramid and basalt composite fiber woofer, which is complemented with rubber surround. It helps to dampen vibration to minimize sound distortion. It has 88 dB sensitivity and frequency response that ranges from 35 to 32,000 hZ. More so, it has peak power handling of 260 watts. In spite of all its impressive features, it is almost unbelievable that it comes with an affordable price.
If you equate a reputable brand with unmatched quality, this is one of the options that you should definitely not miss. It comes with 600 watts of power per pair and frequency response that ranges from 45 to 21,000 Hz. More so, it has 2 ohms impedance and sensitivity of 98 dB. It is constructed with the use of premium materials, such as the combination of Mylar and titanium in the tweeter. It also comes with patented technology, which is the Plus One Cone. This is an innovation that increases the area of the cone, and hence, allows it to be more responsive.
How much are you willing to spend for high-quality speakers? If you prioritize quality over price, if you are willing to spend more just to enjoy the best products, this is one model that should be taken into account. It has minimal and attractive grilles. It is made from the use of high-end materials that are unmatched in terms of their durability. It has innovative features that can make its installation a snap to accomplish, even on your own. It has various components that can work together to deliver impressive audio inside the car. Its frequency response might be minimal, but other than that, it can be impressive in more ways than one.
Essential Factors to Consider
In this section, we will discuss some of the most important factors that will have an impact on the decision that you will make.
Type of Car Speaker
This is one of the first things that should be taken into consideration. Generally speaking, the following are the two types of car speakers:
- Full-Range Speakers: This is the option that is perfect for people who are looking for speakers with affordable price tag. With its practical cost, however, expect that the quality will also be basic. Commonly, they consist of both the tweeter and woofer. In other cases, there are additional drivers. They are also known for their simple installation, making it easy even for beginners.
- Component Speakers: This is the right choice if you are looking for a car speaker that is exceptional in terms of the sound quality that can be produced. It is more expensive, but every dollar spent will surely be worth it. It includes tweeters, woofers, and crossovers. The components are detached from one another and it can provide people with the ability to have the speakers customized based on their preferences.
For the uneducated buyer, it is easy to be lured with false marketing materials and aggressive selling. In your search for the best car speaker, you should take a look at the specs, and more importantly, you should understand what they mean. The following are some of the most important things that you should be aware of:
- Sensitivity: This will be indicative of the loudness of the speaker and will be measured in decibels, which is expressed as dB. It is a measurement of the sound that the speaker can be able to create depending on the power that is applied into it.
- Power Handling: This will be indicative of the amount of power that can be handled by the speaker and is measured in watts. If the system is low powered, you will be good with speakers that come with low wattage.
- Frequency Range: This is expressed in hertz or kilohertz, hZ or kHz. If the range is wider, it simply means that the speaker will be able to reproduce more sound. In most cases, the lowest frequency is 10 hertz and the highest is 20,000 hertz.
Different parts of the speaker can be made from different materials. For the tweeter, it is commonly made with the use of soft materials, including polyurethane and silk. The latter is known for the creation of warm sound. In the case of surround, on the other hand, rubber and foam are two of the most common options. The material must provide a dampening effect, which will minimize the effect of vibration and would make sure that the sound will not end up being distorted. Lastly, in the case of the woofer, the material should be stiff and lightweight, which will make it produce impressive bass. With this, the best option is polypropylene.
Other Factors to Consider
Aside from those that have been mentioned above, the following should be also taken into consideration:
- Cost: A lot will be tempted to choose the cheapest option that is available. Nonetheless, in most instances, you should not hesitate to spend more if you are interested in better quality and functionality.
- Installation: You do not need to pay a local handyman to install the speaker for you. Make sure to choose one that is user-friendly. Most of the parts should come pre-assembled. Most importantly, the manufacturer must be able to provide comprehensive instructions.
- Warranty: To give you peace of mind, you should also take into consideration the warranty that is offered. The more extensive it is, the better. This means that within the warranty period, the manufacturer can handle the repairs for free, as long as you follow the terms that have been specified.
- Reviews: If you are clueless about which one to choose, it is best to resort into car speaker reviews. Just go online, and for sure, you will find a lot of people sharing their insights and experiences. This is going to make it easier for you to weigh the pros and cons of the possibilities that you will be confronted with.
With the best car speaker, you will definitely be able to upgrade the audio system of your car. This is going to lead into a noticeable difference from having the original factory speakers. To enjoy the best sound experience inside the car, be sure to make the right choice. Refer to our recommendations earlier and consider the factors that we have discussed. Do not settle with just any speaker! Find time to evaluate the choices, and in the end, you will be able to make a decision that you won’t regret.