There are lots of reasons to love summer, but there is one thing that will make you hate it – the heat. With the rise in temperature, this can lead into discomfort, especially when sleeping. The good news is that technology has found a way to make the season more bearable. The solution is to invest in the best portable air conditioner.
With a portable air conditioner, you will have a space-efficient appliance that can deliver impressive cooling efficiency. It is not as expensive as traditional air conditioning units. They are also easier to install and can be more energy efficient. The best thing is that since they are portable, you can have them easily transferred from one room to another.
In your search for the best within the product category, you will end up being overwhelmed with the abundance of the alternatives. With this, we strongly suggest that you take time to read the best portable air conditioner reviews. The insights and experiences of other people will make it easier for you to come up with the right choice.
Top 4 Best Portable Air Conditioners on the Market
Clueless about which one will make a great choice? Here are some of the best brands and models that you might want to take into consideration.
As our top pick for the best portable air conditioner, you can expect nothing but the best from this product. In terms of its power, it has 10,000 BTU, which is perfect for cooling a room that is up to 400 square meters. It features Auto Evaporation System, which is the one that prevents condensation as moisture is sent out and there is no need to constantly empty a bucket. When it comes to ease of use, this is also an impressive choice. It has electronic controls and an LCD display. There is also a remote so that you can easily control its various functions even if you are from a distance.
If price is not an issue, this is surely one option that you will not regret. It may be expensive, but it can provide the best bang for the buck, given its wide array of features. It has three operating modes. Aside from cooling, it also functions as a dehumidifier and fan. It has a Dual Hose Exhaust, which is primarily the one responsible for improving cooling efficiency and maximizing airflow. To minimize condensation, on the other hand, it is designed with Dual Hose Exhaust. Meanwhile, it also has an abundance of safety features, such as automatic restart. Lastly, this model also has an easy-to-install venting kit. You can complete the assembly even without asking for a helping hand.
This portable air conditioner has 12,000 BTU, which is more than enough to cool a room that is up to 450 square feet. There are three speeds for the fan and there is also an automatic setting, which will optimize the performance of the unit depending on the temperature of the room. It has an adjustable airflow that will allow you to direct air depending on where you want it to go. For portability, meanwhile, there are castor wheels. Another commendable feature is the Auto Evaporation System, which will make sure that there are no drips and no need for a bucket. It also has a full-function remote that makes it easier to control the unit.
This is another option that can prove to be perfect if you are looking for versatility. Aside from being an air conditioner, you can also use it as a dehumidifier and fan. It has 10,000 BTU that is enough for 300 square feet. It also has self-evaporative system, which is perfect for prevention of condensation. For ease of use, it comes with a simple control panel and a remote. It also has caster wheels that will make it easy to transfer it from one place to another. To make sure that the air is not only cool but also clean, it is integrated with a silver ion filter, which is also washable.
Essential Factors to Consider
Here are some of the most important things that should be given emphasis in your search for the best portable air conditioner:
- Ease of Use: It is important to choose one that is user-friendly. It must have a simple control panel rather than complicated buttons. It will also be good if it has a remote, which will allow you to control it even at a distance.
- Cooling Efficiency: When it comes to the technical specifications, take a look at the BTU of the air conditioner. The higher the number is, the larger is the space that it can cool.
- Maintenance: As much as possible, choose one that will not require a lot of effort when it comes to cleaning and maintenance. Nonetheless, see to it that it is regularly cleaned to retain its optimal functionality through time.
- Versatility: If you want to be provided the best value for money, it will be good to choose a product that can be multipurpose. Aside from cooling, some units can also be used as a fan and dehumidifier.
- Safety: You also have to make sure that the portable air conditioner has passed stringent tests that will be indicative of its safety. Having an automatic restart and protection from overheating are some of the most important.
- Water Removal System: This is an important consideration to make sure that there will be no buildup of moisture and condensation, even if the portable air conditioner is operated continuously. A good choice is one that comes with self-evaporating system.
- Feedbacks: You should have the time to go through best portable air conditioner reviews. There are many people who go online to share their experiences with a specific product. You can learn a lot from their opinions and this will make it easier to weigh down the possibilities.
Indeed, looking for the best portable air conditioner will not be an easy task. There will be endless possibilities. For some buyers, they tend to choose the one that comes with an expensive price. However, this is one thing that you should avoid doing. Quality should be a more important concern. Look at the technical specifications of the product and learn from what other people are saying. Better yet, narrow down your options to the four models that we have earlier mentioned.