When it comes to the essential kitchen appliances, one that you should have is the best slow cooker. From stews to soups, there are endless recipes that you can make with the use of the latter. It makes meat more tender and can result into more flavorful dishes, although you have to be patient as it takes time.
If you are having a hard time choosing which one to purchase, keep on reading and we’ll recommend some of the top picks that you might want to consider. With our short best slow cooker reviews, you will know more about the features that you can expect from each model, which will help you in coming up with the right choice.
Top Picks for the Best Slow Cooker
To make things easier for you, here are some of the options that you might want to take into consideration.
This is one option that should not be missed for the best slow cooker in the market. It has an oval-shaped stoneware with a capacity of 6 quarts, which will allow you to cook for up to seven people. There is a programmable setting, allowing you to set the desired level of heat. It also comes with a digital countdown timer, helping you to keep track of cooking. Once it is done slow cooking, the warm function will be automatically turned on. Another thing that makes it well-loved by many is the fact that it is a breeze to maintain.
This slow cooker comes with a 6-quart removable and dishwasher-safe stoneware. It is large enough to accommodate even bigger cuts of meat. It is known for its simplicity. It has a knob that you have to turn to choose from three settings – warm, low, and high. It also has a lid mounted locking system, which is supposed to trap heat and moisture, making sure that it will not escape. The exterior is made from polished stainless steel. To make it easy to get started, the manufacturer also provides a recipe book.
Among other things, the versatility of this product is one thing that is well-loved by many. While it is a slow cooker, it can also be used for browning, sautéing, and steaming. It has a digital LCD control and backlit display that will allow you to monitor time and temperature. The capacity is 6 quarts. It comes with an aluminum cooking pot, which is also non-stick. For ease of monitoring progress of cooking, it is a good thing that it comes with a glass lid. More so, it is also praised because of the ergonomic handles, which stay cool to the touch.
As you search for the best slow cooker, this is another option that should not be missed. It comes with a stoneware crock that has a capacity of 6 quarts. The travel-friendly design is also a plus, especially the oversized handles that will make it easy to have the unit lifted and carried. To add, it has a lockable lid, which does not only trap moisture, but also prevents spilling of the content when it is transported. For versatility, there are three coking modes that are available. Lastly, it is also a good thing that it comes with a thermometer, which will allow you to easily monitor temperature.
In several best slow cooker reviews, this model has been praised by many not only because it comes with an affordable price, but also because of its generous capacity. It comes with a 7-quart removable stoneware. The exterior, meanwhile, is made from polished stainless steel, which is complemented with elegant black handles. To add, there are three settings – Warm, Low, and High. It is not only user-friendly, but it is also effortless to clean. Maintaining the slow cooker in its best condition will be easy.
The simplicity and affordable price of this model are just two of the things that you might like about this model. Because it is cheap, do not expect anything elaborate in terms of features. In fact, there are only two heat settings that are available – Low and High. It also has minimal capacity, which is only two quarts. If you need a slow cooker for personal use or for a small apartment, this will be more than enough. It comes with a removable stoneware, but care should be observed when it is handled so that it won’t easily break.
If you do not mind spending for the best slow cooker, this will make a great choice. It has four programmable settings. Aside from slow cooking, it can also be used for roasting, browning or sautéing, and steaming. There is also a Keep Warm function. There is a large LCD display on the front. It comes with a glass lid for easy monitoring of the progress of cooking. The capacity is 7 quarts, which is good for cooking for large groups. The unit comes with an aluminum cooking pot, which is why it is lightweight. The pot is also dishwasher-safe, which is why it is effortless to maintain.
This model comes with a ceramic pot that has a maximum capacity of 3.5 quarts. It may not be large, but for personal use, this will be more than enough. It is designed with the needs of users in mind. It has LED timer and touchpad control panel, both of which make it effortless to operate. There is a 24-hour timer, which will allow you to do other things while the appliance cooks on its own. The housing, meanwhile, is made from stainless steel. There is also a recipe book that is included.
This is highly-recommended if price is the most important consideration for you. Given the affordable price tag, expect that it is going to be very basic in terms of feature. It has a capacity of 4 quarts and comes with a removable stoneware, which is also dishwasher-safe. The glass lid is also a plus, making it easy to monitor cooking without having to lift the lid. There is a keep warm setting to make your dishes hot even after a while. If there is one reason to choose this model, it would be its simplicity.
Essential Factors to Consider
As you try to narrow down the possibilities and make a choice for the best slow cooker, make sure to consider the things that will be briefly discussed below:
- Size: Do you need a slow cooker with a capacity of 2 or 7 quarts? One of the first things that you have to consider would be for how many people will you be cooking for. Also, whether you have a small or a large kitchen at home will also have an influence on the right size to pick.
- Ease of Use: Another consideration is how easy it is to use the slow cooker. There are some that comes with a simple knob that you simply have to turn to choose the desired heat level or setting. Some, on the other hand, have a more elaborate control panel. An LCD display is also a good thing as this will allow you to keep track of time and temperature.
- Versatility: By being versatile, this only means that the slow cooker comes with various features, allowing you to use it in more ways than one. There should be multiple settings so that you can choose from low or high setting. In addition, there are also models that can be used not only for slow cooking, but also for browning, sautéing, and steaming, among others.
- Portability: If you want a slow cooker that is portable, it should be as lightweight as possible. It should also be designed with oversized handles, which will make it easy to lift or carry.
- Ease of Cleaning: For the slow cooker to last for a long time, it is important that it is easy to clean and maintain. Choose those that have removable parts that are also dishwasher-safe. Make sure as well to have the appliance cleaned regularly after every use.
- Features: There are different features that you should also look out for. For instance, it will be good if there is a temperature probe that is included, making it easy for you to monitor the temperature. It is also nice if there is a lockable lid, which will help to seal moisture and to avoid the contents from spilling. Some also have rubberized feet, which is good for stability. You might also love a slow cooker with a glass lid, which will make it easy to monitor the progress without having to take off the cover.
- Reviews: At the end of the day, the best thing that you can do is to consult with the opinions of other people. There are many reviews that are available online. Through their feedbacks, you will be able to learn from their insights and experiences. This will make it a snap for you to narrow down the possibilities.
So, what is the best slow cooker available in the market today? This is one thing that we cannot answer. Your budget, needs, and personal preferences are just some of the factors that will influence your pick. There are some people who might decide on the basis of price, but this is one thing that you should not do. Never compromise quality just to have a cheap product. Read best slow cooker reviews and take a look at the features of the product before deciding which one to choose.