- Affordability - 9.6/109.6/10
- Design - 9/109/10
- Durability - 9/109/10
- Performance - 9.5/109.5/10
- Coverage - 9/109/10
This portable air conditioner can be used in a room that is up to 500 square feet. It is not only for cooling, but can also function as a fan and dehumidifier. It has electronic controls. It also features dual hose exhaust for optimal efficiency and auto drain function to prevent condensation.
Summer may mean fun for many people. The sun’s out, and hence, this is a great time to enjoy the outdoors. From camping to hitting the beach, there are many activities that you can enjoy. However, this also means that temperature will rise, and hence, it will get hot. Even without leaving your home, you will be sweaty. You can have an uncomfortable sleep. Thankfully, all of these things do not need to happen. With the best portable air conditioner, you will stay cool and comfortable.
As you read a variety of best portable air conditioner reviews, you can see a lot of products being recommended. Among others, one of the top picks that you might want to consider is Whynter ARC-14S Portable Air Conditioner. In the rest of this review, we will quickly take a look at some of its most impressive features, as well as a few of its pros and cons.
One of the things that you will love about this model is its powerful motor, which has the ability to cool rooms with a size of up to 500 square feet. Whether in the living room or in a small office, this will be an excellent appliance to have.
Three Operating Modes
When it comes to versatility, this product is on the top of its game. Aside from being used for cooling, it also has a fan and dehumidifier function. This means that you can use it almost any time of the year, making it worth your money.
Dual Hose Exhaust
This is one of the design features that improves the cooling efficiency of this portable air conditioner. It is able to draw air internally and externally. This makes it function similar to the conventional air conditioners in terms of improving airflow.
Auto Drain Technology
Condensation is one of the most common complaints amongst users of portable air conditioner. The good news is that the manufacturer was able to come up with a technology to resolve this problem. This leads into the prevention of the accumulation of excess condensation. It lessens moisture and the possibility of dripping.
- Cools Room quickly: With the use of this portable air conditioner there is no need to wait for a long time before it can effectively cool air in the room.
- Easy to Transfer: If you are looking for one that will be excellent when it comes to portability, this is a great choice. It comes with multi-directional casters, which will make it effortless to have it transferred from one room to another. This eliminates the need to lift the unit when you need to change its position.
- User-Friendly: The simple control panel is one of the biggest assets of this model. You can expect that operating it will not require too much effort on your end. There are also comprehensive instructions from the manufacturer to successfully and easily complete its assembly.
- Automatically Restarts: In case of power interruption, you will love how the unit automatically turns on. There is no need to do this manually as it can restart once power has been restored.
- Pre-filter is Washable: There is no need to have frequent and expensive filter replacements. This is going to be cost-efficient in the long run.
- Energy-Efficient: Another excellent thing about this portable air conditioner is the fact that it consumes energy efficiently. Even if it is used the entire day, there is no need to worry as it won’t significantly add up to your energy bills.
- Produces a Loud Noise: This may not be an ideal choice if you are looking for one that can be used in the bedroom. As it has been complained by many people, the compressor is too loud. The gushing of the air also produces an audible sound that can be disruptive at times.
- Expensive Price: If you are budget-conscious, stay away from this model as it is one of the most expensive in the market. The steep price, however, can be justified by the presence of excellent features that are only commonly found in the high-end products.
As you search for the best portable air conditioner, do not forget to include this product in your list. Whynter ARC-14S Portable Air Conditioner may be expensive, but this is only because it is fully-packed with features that you cannot find in any other model. It can effectively cool up to 500 square feet room in a few minutes. It is energy-efficient and has lots of safety features. It is portable and user-friendly as well.